Doom powder

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by remnant, Aug 2, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Dogs are usually afflicted by ticks and are usually ravaged by fleas and other external parasites which suck on their blood and transmit such diseases as trypanosomiasis and other zoonosis. I have tried various remedies in the past including applying engine oil but have recalled a special powder called Mortein Doom which acts on the parasites effectively eliminating them. What coat treatment do you use on your dogs?

remnant, Aug 2, 2016
  2. remnant

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have tried a lot of things but the one thing that has worked in recent time is something called Nexgard..Oops. I just realised you said coat treatment where that is actually a tablet. I have heard of a powder used on cattle called seven/sevin but I am afraid to use it on my girls. As a child I remember it being used by parents to kill things that would interfere with the crops and a few people even used it take their own lives so I guess I still have that in my head...I still see it as a poison so I am afraid of the risks.

Winterybella, Aug 3, 2016
  3. remnant

Alpha1 Active Member

Is Mortein Doom safe really. I have seen the product but have never used it. All I know is that it can be used to kill small insects but I have never heard of it being used for coat treatment. I have used Frontiline products for this treatment, they are a bit pricey but worth it.

Alpha1, Dec 16, 2016
Ask a Question