Dogs love milk?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by summerRain, Dec 22, 2011.

1. summerRain

summerRain Well-Known Member

My dog loves to drink milk so I always give her daily dose of milk everyday. Her stool is quite good even though she's drinking milk.

I just want to know if you dogs love to drink milk to or is it just my dog who loves it?

summerRain, Dec 22, 2011
  2. summerRain

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My dog loves anything I drink. I drink coffee, Candy drinks coffee. I drink tea, Candy drinks tea. I drink Coke, Candy drinks Coke.

Victor Leigh, Dec 22, 2011
    Johanna likes this.
  3. summerRain

amy005 Well-Known Member

Yes, my dog really likes milk as well. It makes sense since they nursed their mothers and drank milk right off the bat. I don't feel bad giving him milk because I have not heard about it effecting dogs negatively. The two things I make sure to never give him is chocolate and nuts.

amy005, Dec 22, 2011
  4. summerRain

King Browny Well-Known Member

I have a question with milk. How much milk do you give your dog? And is that mixed powdered milk, a local milk or store-bought whole milk?

King Browny, Dec 23, 2011
  5. summerRain

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog loves ALL people food. I know that milk is not great for cats when given in large quantities but I wonder if it is ok to give to dogs?

MakingCents, Dec 24, 2011
  6. summerRain

zararina Well-Known Member

Our Lassie and Dinky before love to drink milk and even some other drinks. So we sometimes give them milk in the morning. While our Kulit today does not like drinking milk so we do not give him milk anymore.

zararina, Dec 24, 2011
  7. summerRain

I think there's a problem when dogs like to drink milk. Besides the cost factor, it may make them over-weight. I have seen some that looked more like pigs than dogs.

Victor Leigh, Dec 24, 2011
  8. summerRain

No wonder my brother and sister in-law’s baby (a hotdog dog) is that heavy. I guess those are fat? They give him milk daily, a bowl of milk. He’s very huggable though but if he’s overweight, that may be a start of complications. The thing is they could have done away with those fats if they put their dogs on routine exercises. Unfortunately they are both working and would usually leave him sleeping around inside the house or shackled outside the gate. I wonder how much exercise would make up for the dogs pigging out.

King Browny, Dec 26, 2011
  9. summerRain

I feed my dog both fresh and powdered milk or any milk available at home. I just give him a glass of milk everyday preferably every morning.

summerRain, Dec 26, 2011
  10. summerRain

aimend13 Active Member

Interesting, my dog has never given any indication that she would enjoy dairy products. Then again I've never really thought to try giving her any. I guess it's fine if it isn't giving the dog any sort of digestion problems. I would foresee it being sort of expensive though, considering milk has been raising in price anyway.

aimend13, Dec 27, 2011
  11. summerRain

Nick87 Well-Known Member

I never really thought about dogs liking milk, but I suppose they do nurse from their mothers as young pups. The only thing to look out for is if it upsets their stomachs or makes them gain too much weight, other than that idk if there would be any problems with it. If you ask a vet about it though, the vet will certainly know if it's good for them or not.

Nick87, Dec 30, 2011
  12. summerRain

As long as they have proper exercise everyday, I don't think drinking this nutritious drink is a problem for them. Fortunately, my dog doesn't have any stomach ache issues and his stool is good too.

summerRain, Dec 31, 2011
  13. summerRain

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

There are a few minor problems that might arise from a dog drinking cow's milk, but most of those problems are connected with young puppies or nursing mothers. My dogs love cottage cheese and yogurt, although they are not big milk drinkers.

LoupGarouTFTs, Jan 8, 2012
  14. summerRain

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog loves milk to, my daughter drinks chocolate milk alot and my dog will push over the glass and lick it right up! He will not stick his nose down the glass though, it is funny!

wahcashmom, Jan 9, 2012
  15. summerRain

Good thing that your dog doesn't think of licking the milk off your daughter's nose. I know my Candy would if I give her half a chance.

Victor Leigh, Jan 9, 2012
  16. summerRain

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog loves yogurt as well and yogurt is shown to actually be very good for a dog's digestive system :)

MakingCents, Jan 10, 2012
  17. summerRain

I suppose that's because yogurt is also a milk product. However I am not too sure whether a dog's digestive system can handle it. I haven't tried it with Candy yet.

Victor Leigh, Jan 11, 2012
  18. summerRain

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

It's actually very good for returning balance to a dog's digestive system. If your dog has been ill or on antibiotics, a little yogurt each day for about a week will return the natural bacteria necessary for optimal digestion to its system.

LoupGarouTFTs, Jan 16, 2012
  19. summerRain

Then a probiotic beverage is good for them, too? I remember one time when my pup is sick and won't take any food I would give him Yakult mixed with boiled liver extract. It cured him and soon enough he's demanding the liver meat, too.

King Browny, Jan 18, 2012
  20. summerRain

Ilie Corina Valentina Member

My puppy loves all people food.

Ilie Corina Valentina, Feb 13, 2012
Ask a Question