Dogs in Facebook

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Aug 20, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Yes, I am guilty. My dogs are on Facebook too. According to Yahoo's latest news, 7% of dogs are on Facebook. Is your dog on Facebook?

I wonder if Zuckerberg anticipated this. Maybe he should consider adding Species on the list of information required to create a Facebook account.

haopee, Aug 20, 2012
  2. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

What!?

Lol, no, my dog isn't on Facebook. I HAVE read a couple blogs that are "written" by dogs and from the dog perspective. I've never seen anyone have a FB account for their dogs, though.

Jessi, Aug 20, 2012
  3. haopee

Melody Well-Known Member

I have a Dogbook face for Misha on Facebook. At first, it was kind of funny for Misha to have friends. But, honestly, I rarely visit it or do any updates. I just don't have the energy for it.

I do have a couple of friends who have created Dogbook and regular Facebook pages for their dogs. One of my friends blogs under her cat's name, so it makes sense that her cat would have an online identity. I'm friends with some famous dogs like Giant George, too.

Melody, Aug 20, 2012
  4. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

My dog isn't on Facebook, but I think it's a cute idea. Unfortunately I already spent too much time in front of the computer so I don't want a new occupation which would involve being online more often. I wonder how many friends would Homer have though;)

claudine, Aug 21, 2012
  5. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Most cat and dog blogs usually have Facebook pages, which should be no surprise since it does show the validity of the blogs. My dogs have a Facebook page too. But I hardly update it. It's just there for the purpose of reading updates regarding the dog friends I follow.:D
    Does this mean Misha has her own page?

I agree, keeping up a blog is one thing. Having time for social media networking is another. My friends who have dog blogs even have Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. How do they do these?

haopee, Aug 22, 2012
  6. haopee

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka is on Dogbook and has two dog friends.I use it to access my fanpage.

argon_0, Aug 23, 2012
  7. haopee

supergirl Active Member

I am also guilty of putting pictures of my dog on facebook. She went for an official photo shoot at the local university and I had to share some of the shots! They were so lovely and she behaved so well in the studio that I couldn't be prouder of her!

supergirl, Aug 25, 2012
Ask a Question