Dog's favorite Treat?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by danielle davidson, Jun 25, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidson Active Member

When my dog goes to the bathroom or he does something good, we will give him a treat. Right now the treats that we give him are those Milk Bones that come in the red box. My dog loves them so much that he basically inhales them. He will get maybe 2 or 3 or those a day. I would love to give him something else, but it's hard with the diet that he has to have. So, what is your dogs favorite treats?

danielle davidson, Jun 25, 2015
  2. danielle davidson

claudine Well-Known Member

Hello Danielle Davidson:) It's so nice to meet you!
    My dog's favorite treats are sliced raw carrots and pieces of bread. He would do anything to get them;)

claudine, Jun 26, 2015
  3. danielle davidson

I feel like a lot of dogs like eating healthy treats, and that's great! I know that I have a couple friends who give their dogs human food and that doesn't seem very healthy for a dog. I love giving my dog strawberry tops because they are so healthy. I don't mind giving him healthy food at all! I just don't like giving him human food. Mostly just because he can't eat them without gaining a ton of weight.

danielle davidson, Jun 28, 2015
  4. danielle davidson

Human food contains a lot of salt, sugar and substances that are unhealthy for dogs.
    Strawberry tops sound like a great treat! I'll start giving them to my Homer too:) I think he'll like them. He likes everything:D

claudine, Jun 29, 2015
  5. danielle davidson

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hi Danielle! Well, right now my girl's favorite treat is those little cans of wet food, the cesar's brand. She loves those, they are supposed to be gourmet. She loves them. But when I really want to pamper her I cook for her scrambled eggs :p She loves those!!!

Trellum, Jun 29, 2015
  6. danielle davidson

Oh, that sounds good! I bet that Remy would like that. He will eat anything that we will give him. I might have to try giving some of those to Remy here and there. It's hard giving him human food because he will start to get fat. :p And we don't want that to happen.

danielle davidson, Jun 29, 2015
  7. danielle davidson

I think Homer would love to eat scrambled eggs too. But aren't they fattening? I don't want him to gain weight. He already weighs too much:p

claudine, Jun 30, 2015
  8. danielle davidson

Yeah, they are, but it depends on what you use to cook them :) Plus I don't do this often, this is just a very very special treat, like when we celebrate her birthday or we get really good news, we get something nice for ourselves and I make something nice for her ;) How much does homer weight? He looks so tiny!

Trellum, Jun 30, 2015
  9. danielle davidson

To be honest, I'm not sure how much he weighs now, but it's hard for me to carry him;) A few months ago we had to start feeding him diet dry food.
    He isn't on a diet anymore, but I don't give him anything too fattening.

claudine, Jul 1, 2015
  10. danielle davidson

Lol, then he must heavier than he should be ;) I am glad to hear he idd manage to lose weight tho, I think with yorkies it is hard to see when they are actually overweight, they are so tiny! Plus they are so cute I bet it's so easy to overfeed them!

Trellum, Jul 1, 2015
  11. danielle davidson

That is why I only offer those scrambled eggs as a treat, all with moderation ;) Because I believe everything needs to be in moderation, but a treat here and there actually makes my girl so happy! We gotta live life to the fullest, lol and small things like these brighten her days, I am sure ;)

Trellum, Jul 1, 2015
  12. danielle davidson

To be honest, we didn't know he's overweight. The veterinarian noticed it first;)
    Now, Homer eats only his dry food and vegetables.

claudine, Jul 1, 2015
  13. danielle davidson

What were you guys feeding him when he was overweight? I think my frida might be a bit overweight, but it's hard to see with all that hair! Shr might actually look fatter than she actually is, because when I bathe her she looks so funny! Her legs look so skinny and her head tiny!

Trellum, Jul 1, 2015
  14. danielle davidson

My father used to share meat and fish with him. In general, Homer ate small pieces of everything that my parents were having for dinner, lol;)
    Homer looks hilarious when he's wet too:D

claudine, Jul 2, 2015
  15. danielle davidson

Oh lol, I see, no wonder he gained weight, we need to be careful with humans food, most of them are a little too much for dogs. That it why I only cook scrambled eggs for my frida from time to time :)

Trellum, Jul 3, 2015
  16. danielle davidson

Unfortunately, most of us can't say no to Homer. He knows how to make puppy eyes and beg for food;) Nothing makes him as happy as eating what we eat, lol. He thinks he's a human and wants to be treated as one:p

claudine, Jul 6, 2015
  17. danielle davidson

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone likes everything, but I believe sliced carrot and apple pieces are his favorite. If I buy treat from the store, I usually buy the ones that are natural and have less ingredients. He is still young, so if he can put anything in his mouth, he would!

IcyBC, Jul 23, 2015
  18. danielle davidson

Haha, Homer isn't young anymore, but he still has a great appetite and isn't picky at all;) Like Capone, he loves carrots and apples. My parents have an apple tree and he spends a lot of time looking for fruits under it.

claudine, Jul 23, 2015
Ask a Question