Dogs and Squeaky Balls

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Mar 27, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I suppose as a subjective owner, I'd start with saying that squeaky balls are the best invention man ever made for dogs. Most dogs I've encountered seriously love them.

The first toy I gave Peanuts was a soft latex squeaky ball I purchased in a hardware store in the mall. She really loved it so much. A couple of toys later, that squeaky ball is still absolutely her favorite toy. She sleeps with it, tosses it around to chase it and even imitates the sounds it makes.

[​IMG]

Peanuts has the orange one and she loves it very much. The last time I went back to the mall, they were all out of stock. Do you give your dogs squeaky balls as well? If not, what are your dog's favorite toys?

haopee, Mar 27, 2012
  2. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

I do not give squeaky ball to our dogs. Just a rubber ball or any ball we could use to play together. And usually their favorite are the big bones which they could chew all day. :p

zararina, Mar 27, 2012
  3. haopee

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

One of my weenie dogs has this hamburger toy that squeaks she carries it around every where. She guards it with her life and everyone (dogs, cats, and people) is afraid to take it from her. LOL

SheWolfSilver, Mar 27, 2012
  4. haopee

Mimij Member

My girls seem to have short attention spans and don't spend much time playing with squeaky toys by themselves. A few squeeks and soon they walk away. Now, if someone takes the time and throws the toys and try to get it back the dogs are excited. The youngest will lay it beside her and dare you to reach for it.

Mimij, Mar 28, 2012
  5. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

My dog isn't actually a fan of the squeaky balls themselves. He much prefers stuffed animals...but with the squeaky bits inside. If you get him a squeaky stuffed toy of any variety, he's absolutely thrilled to death. <3

Jessi, Apr 1, 2012
  6. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Balls don't last long with Candy. So I had to substitute coconuts for the balls. Even with a full unhusked coconut, she can convert it into coconut matting in just one day.

Victor Leigh, Apr 2, 2012
Ask a Question