Doggie paddle?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm not sure.... does this really count as the doggie paddle? Hehe. I think it might!

Jessi, Oct 29, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

I wonder why this dog is doing it. He is wagging his tail so I think he is enjoying it. Did his owner hide something interesting under the water?:p For sure it looks funny:D

claudine, Oct 30, 2012
  3. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

That's funny how this dog is just going around in circles in the pool. You have to wonder if he is doing this to cool off. I know one of my dogs has a tendency to jump into his water pan in the summer months to cool off his feet. So maybe that's what this dog was doing, cooling off. Still seems funny how he just kept going around in the pool though, I think most dogs would just dive in then get out, not this one.

pafjlh, Oct 31, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Looks like a put-up job to me. I have never seen a dog having two minds about water. Either a dog loves water or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then it wouldn't even go near the water. If it does, then it jumps right in. Anyway, what the dog did there was rather cute. I wonder how long it took the owner to teach it that trick.

Victor Leigh, Nov 1, 2012
  5. Jessi

pigeon_small Active Member

Hah it's like...he doesn't want to fall into the pool. If he falls in he'll never get out again with those short little legs. But it's probably hot as all get out. Something had to be done! I don't think that is a trick. I mean who would teach their dog to do this? Seems completely random unless the dog is thinking on its own.

pigeon_small, Nov 5, 2012
  6. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

The more you watch it, the funnier it gets, too. My dog tends to keep his front feet in the pool and back feet out because he doesn't like the water but he knows it'll cool him off. But since he's much bigger, it's far less funny looking.

Nick87, Nov 9, 2012
Ask a Question