Dog Weather Report

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by argon_0, Jan 4, 2013.

1. argon_0

claudine Well-Known Member

Another large bushfire?:( I hope soon it'll be okay. I think Australia is one of the most unique places I've ever heard of. I like that it's so quiet and private but I would be scared of nature there.

Today it's 1c here so it's not very cold. I hope spring will come to us soon:D

claudine, Feb 11, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  2. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Nice one. It's so cute to see our dogs sleeping soundly.:)
    I took this photo the other night and thought it may make a good profile pic.
    [​IMG]

argon_0, Feb 14, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  3. argon_0

Homer doesn't mind the cold? But I guess it would be lovely to get a dose of warmth.
    Not long now to Spring. Does your Spring start 1st March or 21st March?

argon_0, Feb 14, 2013
  4. argon_0

Awww, she looks adorable!:D I hope she had sweet dreams:D
    Homer doesn't mind the cold, he really likes when it's snowing:p
    My spring starts 21st March. Are there places where it starts 1st March?

claudine, Feb 14, 2013
  5. argon_0

Yes in Australia and New Zealand at least it starts on the first of the month. I googled to find out why :confused: and the best I could come up with was mainly to make record keeping easier. Many other countries though go with the equinox that is 21 st of March or September.

Well it's starting to get hot again and a large bushfire is burning over the hills 10 Km away. Winds are expected to make it change course toward our area. Yeek. :eek:
    Mishka and we are going to the beach tomorrow and will escape some of the heat and hopefully still have a home.
    Helicopters are flying over continuously dumping water for the last few days.
    I'm taking Mishka to the groomers again soon for another fur cut. She must feel better with a short coat.

argon_0, Feb 16, 2013
  6. argon_0

I hope this bushfire will fade soon, it sounds so dangerous. It reminds me of the flood we had here two years ago - helicopters were everywhere too because they were filming it for TV. It felt like the end of the world. Homer was barking constantly because the noise annoyed him.
    Going to the beach sounds like a great idea. Does Mishka like to swim?:)

claudine, Feb 16, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  7. argon_0

Mishka loves to swim.We played beach cricket and when the ball went too far out to retrieve we let Mishka save the day. She was so tired after her day on the beach we had to laugh. She also loves running up and down the waters edge to catch the waves splashing.:D
    Interesting to hear that helicopters rather film then help out in Poland.
    There's been 6 helicopters going backward and forward dropping water on the fires for days last week. It also sounded like a war zone together with heavy machinery doing fire breaks.
    There's been another huge flood on mainland Australia this month while bush fires rage down on Tasmania. A number of people drowned yet again.
    Todays 30celcius and I'm still carting water by hand. 50 days at it now. :(
    Can't wait for it to rain.
    I still haven't got Mishka to the hair dressers which I should so she doesn't suffer the heat so much.

argon_0, Feb 24, 2013
  8. argon_0

Right now I can't imagine 30c. I like when it's so hot... but of course fire is terrifying and I understand why you can't wait for it to rain. Carting water by hand must be exhausting and I'm pretty sure it's very inconvenient.
    It's 2c here and lots and lots of melting snow everywhere. It's so wet, I should think about wearing rain boots. And Homer should have little rainboots too:D

claudine, Feb 24, 2013
Ask a Question