Dog TV

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Janet Ford, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

Have you seen Dog TV? It's a channel on TV that you can rent that is meant to be entertainment for dogs. I thought it was just another thing to rattle the pocketbooks of dog lovers but then they offered a free month trial. Oh.my.goodness! My dogs LOVED it!

I only kept it for that free month. After all, I don't let my grandkids watch too much TV just because they love it, either. Outside play is still better. But for those of you who work and leave Fido home alone all day, this may be something to tune into.

Janet Ford, Oct 25, 2015
  2. Janet Ford

Trellum Well-Known Member

This sounds amazing, I'd love to check that channel to see what it's all about. Yesterday I tried to show my dog a video of herself, she was horrified and would run away just not to look at it! I wonder if she would actually like to watch a dog channel? I think that if there aren't other dogs on the TV she might actually like it :)

Trellum, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

There are other dogs on it but it's unique in that it shows the world from a dog's point of view like balls being thrown and the camera chasing it, etc. They must have put helmet cams on dogs.
    Here's a fun video I found on YouTube of dogs watching DogTV. So cute! I LOVE the dancing dog. Had me giggling like crazy.

Janet Ford, Oct 27, 2015
  4. Janet Ford

claudine Well-Known Member

This video is so cute and funny, it made me smile:)
    As for your question, I've never seen Dog TV. It sounds like a great channel, I think my Homer would love to watch it:)

claudine, Oct 30, 2015
    Janet Ford likes this.
  5. Janet Ford

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I love that video! I notice that Capone only pays attention to the TV when he sees dogs or other animals on TV. I usually watch nature, so there are animals for him to see if he wants too. DogTV is such a great idea to have if I can afford it though.

IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015
  6. Janet Ford

Homer doesn't pay attention to the TV. He ignores it completely:confused: But when a dog barks in a movie, he immediately starts barking too:) It's really funny.

claudine, Nov 2, 2015
  7. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

I have two dogs that will stand there and look mesmerized by the television at times. Not always other animals. Sometimes it's a human quarrel or baby crying, etc. They REALLY get upset if they think a child is upset and they can't fix it.

Janet Ford, Nov 2, 2015
  8. Janet Ford

Janet Ford, your dogs are very sweet! My Homer hates children more than anything in this world. Crying babies drive him insane.
    I always warn kids not to pet him, because he bites.

claudine, Nov 5, 2015
  9. Janet Ford

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. This is so sweet. I wonder if my girls can sit still watching this. This would be the best gift we could give to each other. I just love this.

Winterybella, Nov 12, 2015
  10. Janet Ford

lexinonomous Member

I've heard of Dog TV, but I've never turned it on. I can see my television breaking or something bad happening while turning it on. If they had any sort of balls bouncing around on television, my German Shepard would easily jump right through the television. We can't even have television shows play with dogs in the background, because she will try and find them behind the TV.

I'd be willing to give Dog TV a shot with my fiance's chihuahua. She is just a little lazy sausage, so I think it might entertain her.

lexinonomous, Nov 12, 2015
Ask a Question