Dog towels

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you ever wrap your dogs up in towels? Is it only after bath time? Do you dry him/her off when they've been out in the rain? Do they love it or hate it?

Jessi, Dec 17, 2012
  2. Jessi

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Hi Jessi & I am full of smiles seeing your photos - too cute!

Yes, I do it & take it a step further! It's been a bit chilly & wet here of late, so before we go for our walk, I put a towel in the dryer, on low, & when we get back, I grab the towel & dry her feet then wrap around her body & dry her off & she loves it Jessi! Then, I remove the towel & kind of play with her with the towel & she runs all over & in circles!

Thanks for the Post !

SweetBeast, Dec 18, 2012
  3. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

During winter, I wrap my Homer up in warm towels after coming back from a walk. He is usually wet because of the snow and he is shaking from cold - yet, he hates these towels and he fights with me... but then he forgets about it and falls asleep:)

claudine, Dec 18, 2012
  4. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

We tried to wrap our dog with a towel when it was cold but he does not like it. He just enjoy or like the towel for drying after taking a bath.

zararina, Dec 23, 2012
  5. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs love being dried off with towels after the rain, snow, or baths. They must think of it as an extra cuddle time. They get excited when you get a towel out and then just sit at your feet waiting for you.

Nick87, Feb 8, 2013
  6. Jessi

You know I'm Yorkie-obsessed, right?:p So here is an adorable picture of a little Yorkie with his soft and warm towel:

[​IMG]

claudine, Feb 9, 2013
  7. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That is so freaking adorable. I just want to hug my computer screen after seeing this. What a cutie pie.

ACSAPA, Aug 21, 2013
    trishgl likes this.
  8. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My dog Stefano doesn't mind being dried off with a towel, but he won't sit there wrapped in a towel like the dogs in the photo. He'll lie down on a towel but he doesn't like being wrapped up.

ACSAPA, Aug 21, 2013
  9. Jessi

In your area it's rather hot, isn't it? If Stefano visited my home during winter, for sure he would love to be wrapped in a towel:D . I love when my Homer sleeps like the dog in the picture that I posted, because it looks more than adorable:D

claudine, Aug 22, 2013
  10. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I must point out that Mishka has had a buzz cut. Though it's winter she is very much and inside dog so copes with it well.
    We were giving her a bath the other day and I threw a towel for missus argon to catch to dry Mishka off. It landed on top of Mishka and it was so funny to see her with it covering most of her head and body. She coped with it rather well and figured how to dispose of it eventually. A laugh at your dogs expense can be so much fun.:D

argon_0, Aug 22, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  11. Jessi

Sometimes, when Homer wakes up and goes to another room to drink some water from his bowl, he forgets that he slept under a blanket and he walks with it still covering his back. He looks like a small, walking tent, it's hilarious:D

claudine, Aug 22, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  12. Jessi

trishgl Well-Known Member

Yes my dog like everyone else in our household has her own towel. I'm ashamed to admit that at first I used clean old t-shirts to dry her. However since it took around 3 shirts to do the job right I thought I'd just get her a real towel. She enjoys it much more than the shirts that's for sure. She feels more relaxed when she's being dried with a towel. I guess its like a massage to her since I dry her slowly.

trishgl, Sep 3, 2013
  13. Jessi

She really likes it? It's so cute:) My Homer hates when I try to dry him with a towel, especially if it touches his head. He bites my hands! I guess he doesn't enjoy massages. He likes being wrapped up in a soft towel when it's cold though.

claudine, Sep 3, 2013
Ask a Question