Dog Talk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by argon_0, Jun 28, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Does your dog talk to you? I had the experience last night while I was in the process of getting up off the couch. Mishka knew it was time for me to go upstairs to bed so she climbed half way up and looked down and said Arrr rrr rrr.
    I took this to mean are you coming up to bed.:)
    It was the first time I've heard her say this to me.

argon_0, Jun 28, 2012
  2. argon_0

zararina Well-Known Member

There are times that I also think that our dog talk to me or us. :)
    Just like when I come home, the bark sometimes seems to mean "welcome back!" while sometimes the bark seems to mean "your late!". LOL

zararina, Jun 28, 2012
  3. argon_0

tajnz Well-Known Member

Like Zararina I've also noticed that dogs seem to have different barks, with differences in tone and pitch to convey different messages. ;) E.g Rosie had an excited bark when we would prepare to take a care ride and in contrast she'd have a different bark as a warning to strangers who got to close to our property. Don't worry normally it would just take someone saying her name to calm her down.

tajnz, Jun 29, 2012
  4. argon_0

NewDCD Well-Known Member

All the time! When we wake up, Milla makes this low-pitched howl, and then starts patting/boxing the air, and well, I just think it's her way of saying "good morning"!

NewDCD, Jun 29, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  5. argon_0

Melody Well-Known Member

Misha talks all the time. I have never had a dog that tried to verbally express herself so much. You ask her questions and she always answers as if she knows she is supposed to. When I tell her to stop barking, she always looks at me making what sounds like when kids are trying to plead their argument "But Moooommmmmm". LOL She is always saying something. She has different barks, yips, and yawn sounds depending on the situation. It's even funnier because she will look straight at you and do this. For instance, if you aren't paying attention and she wants something, she will express herself verbally rather than physically. Funny dog!

I have been trying to take advantage of her verbal abilities. I'm teaching her to ask for dinner. She must make one particular yawn sound before I will get up and get her food. It has taken almost 6 months, but she is getting it. Sometimes she sits in front of me an hour early and asks just to see if I can be tricked.

Melody, Jun 30, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  6. argon_0

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Misha is definitely a talking dog.
    I've noticed when our dog seems to appear to listen attentively when we talk. I wonder if they feel frustrated that they cant join in.It reminds me when I was a wee child and my parents would spell out words so I would not know what they were saying. My wife and I spell out words in cases such as bathing Mishka or maybe deciding on going for a walk or not.
    Dogs certainly learn a lot of words but cant verbalize them yet.Maybe it's time for an app on our computers.:rolleyes:

argon_0, Jun 30, 2012
  7. argon_0

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, constantly! He has several sets of things he "says" to indicate hunger, being upset, a train coming, talking to his kitty, etc. On occasion, you can even get him to sound like he's meowing, lol.

Jessi, Jul 1, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
Ask a Question