Dog Stuck with Container on its Head Saved

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Jun 5, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This was posted on a Facebook page. Nobody knew whether the dog had accidentally stuck its head in the container or whether someone placed it there.

The important thing is that people came to the rescue just in time. This is one of the advantages of social media networking sites.

haopee, Jun 5, 2012
  2. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh I'm glad this had a happy ending.

We actually had an issue like this with a puppy once. He decided to stick his head down into an old peanut butter jar. It had been cleaned, but apparently still had the smell there and he forced his head in. We couldn't get it off and as he started to sweat and panic, it only made it worse. We cut the end off it and then gradually worked it to remove the ring after it, so he could breathe and calm down while we worked.

Jessi, Jun 5, 2012
  3. haopee

Melody Well-Known Member

That is one of the saddest sights I've ever seen. Poor dog! I'm glad the he was rescued. I sure hope no one did that to the dog. What a cruel thing to do.

Jessi, that must have been one stressful situation! I would have been freaking out.

Dogs can get themselves into sticky situations like children! When Misha was about 4 months old she went in her crate and promptly got her upper jaw stuck in the bars of the door. Her nose was just small enough to fit in the little squares. I panicked for a couple of seconds trying to think how I would get dog and door to the emergency hospital. I decided to give it a try to push her jaw through the bar. It took some doing but I freed her. Thankfully, she wasn't injured. She was a little bit afraid of the door for a while.

Melody, Jun 6, 2012
  4. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

None of my dogs had ever had any of their heads stuck in anything yet. The worst that had happened was when Dark Lady got her foot stuck in the hole of the concrete cover over the monsoon drain. It was actually the hole made to provide a handhold to lift up the cover. However the concrete cover was very heavy and I had to use a crowbar to lift it off to release Dark Lady's leg.

Victor Leigh, Jun 6, 2012
  5. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

I first read this story/news on Facebook and true that social networking sites can help some people and some animals as well like the dog on that photo.
    Nice to know that someone had helped that dog.

zararina, Jun 6, 2012
  6. haopee

NewDCD Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear it's safe! I still don't understand how social networking actually saved it, though...just...glad it's safe, I'm sure it'd have suffocated otherwise.

NewDCD, Jun 6, 2012
  7. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Definitely. Fortunately, I was a bit younger and at home, so my parents were able to take care of it for the most part. It was still really scary, though.

Jessi, Jun 6, 2012
  8. haopee

NewDCD Well-Known Member

I can imagine! I'd probably freak out if something like that were to happen to Milla.

Closest thing like that that has happened to her is when she put her snout inside the cardboard cylindrical core of a spent toilet paper roll. It was funny and cute, more than anything.

NewDCD, Jun 6, 2012
  9. haopee

Melody Well-Known Member

NewDCD, I was curious, too. I found the story. It happened in Memphis. A person posted the photo on Facebook with information. People in the area went out and found the dog.
    http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/national/community-rallies-to-save-stray-dog

Poor thing! She was starving and had sustained injuries from being hit by a car. Looks like she's being nursed back to health though.

Melody, Jun 7, 2012
  10. haopee

argon_0 Well-Known Member

All this shows we must be alert to hazards for our pets.
    I live in a two storey house. At the top of the stairwell I have a gate made from part of an old baby's playpens. (Are they still used these days?) The gate is there to prevent Mishka from coming upstairs to our bedroom for a number of reasons such as in need of bath, bad gas problem etc. When I first installed it, one night she poked her head through the wooden dowelling bars and all but got her head stuck. There's now a cloth hanging over it to prevent it from happening again. I never saw that one coming. :eek:

argon_0, Jun 8, 2012
  11. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Hit by a car? That poor thing. :( I'm assuming it was because she couldn't see with the jar on her head like that. :( I'm glad to see that she's being nursed back to health now, though.

Jessi, Jun 8, 2012
  12. haopee

NewDCD Well-Known Member

Being hit with a whaaaaaaat now? And the driver didn't even stop to tend its wounds? Terrible : I

NewDCD, Jun 9, 2012
  13. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

On a much happier note, check out this little guy:

[​IMG]

Fortunately, he's not actually stuck and is merely lounging/sleeping in his cup instead.

Yes, I'm trying to distract from the sadness in this thread. Is that bad? :( :p

Jessi, Jun 12, 2012
Ask a Question