Dog poisoned at dog show?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Jessi, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Mar 1, 2013
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh no:( . This is terrible. The person who did it is a crazy monster. Only the cruelest people are able to hurt a dog. And what for? To win? What is wrong with these people?:mad:

claudine, Mar 1, 2013
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep.

Ironically enough, not only did the supposed competition not kick in until after the competition was over, but this particular dog didn't win or place at all during that competition either. It wouldn't have done them any good anyway. :S

Jessi, Mar 1, 2013
  4. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't like these competitions in general, even when owners are reasonable enough not to attack other dogs. I just don't think it's fun for a dog to participate in something like this.

claudine, Mar 2, 2013
  5. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

That is terrible! I guess some people are just rotten inside, because you can take competing seriously without poisoning an animal... you'd need to be rotten to even try it tho. Terrible thing! I guess after this incident a lot dog show owners will think it twice before taking their dog to one of those places.

Trellum, Jun 16, 2015
  6. Jessi

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think it is highly unlikely as I believe someone is always with the dog, especially the owner, in this case. Where is the dog owner, was the dog left alone for someone to poison it, who fed the dog? The whole scenario raises lots of questions for me, as I can't see this can happen in such a situation.

IcyBC, Sep 9, 2015
  7. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

The lengths that some people go to, in order to win competitions is truly sickening. What makes it worse is that dogs aren't able to defend themselves against such sabotage. Whoever committed such a crime has no soul.

tajnz, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Jessi

remnant Well-Known Member

This should not come as a surprise in these last days. People are also killing each other in broad daylight just for material gain. There are all sorts of people and some have extreme dispositions. I have observed that if a dog is poisoned and survives, it balks at eating things liberally offered by strangers. They have a keen sense of smell and after one episode, dogs are quite capable of detecting poisoned food in future. They can also be trained to do this.

remnant, Jun 16, 2016
  9. Jessi

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I wonder why a dog owner would do that and probably not just a dog owner but a dog breeder or trainer. It takes passion to be a breeder or trainer. When we got Epoy as a gift from a colleague, he said that the puppy is a scion of dog show champions. And he even urged us to give Epoy a training so we could join our pekingese in dog shows. But it takes not only skill and time but also passion, as I had said. So again, I wonder how that heartless guy was capable of poisoning a dog show competitor.

Corzhens, Jun 23, 2016
  10. Jessi

iseeyou Member

This is horrible! I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone could be this cruel and do this to such innocent and beautiful little thing. If there's a foul play here, I'm sure karma will not overlook this monstrosity. This is truly heartbreaking.

iseeyou, Jun 30, 2016
Ask a Question