Dog Pink Eye

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by iluvmario, Dec 1, 2012.

1. iluvmario

iluvmario Well-Known Member

I was walking my little teacup Yorkie Maura when a neighborhood dog always running around with no leash on ran up and started a fight with her. She scratched her eye and a few days later I notice a HUGE amount of white discharge on her eye. I searched on line and went to Wallyworld for baby shampoo and polysporin. The infection cleared up in a few days.

iluvmario, Dec 1, 2012
  2. iluvmario

claudine Well-Known Member

Poor little Maura:( . It's great that you were able to help her! I'd never think of using a baby shampoo, thank you for sharing this information. But why Yorkies always fight with other dogs? I'm a Yorkie owner so I know something about it:p

claudine, Dec 6, 2012
  3. iluvmario

Bloomsie Member

I didn't know that the combination of them both would work. I know that when my dog had pink eye, we did the old fashion way of cleaning it out with water. It took a few days, but we didn't know what else to do. It's just something that we would have done if we had something in our eyes.

Bloomsie, Dec 7, 2012
  4. iluvmario

zararina Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing.
    Good to know that your Maura is already okay and hope she will not get bullied again by the neighbor dog. ;)

zararina, Dec 7, 2012
  5. iluvmario

iluvmario Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your concern! Maura is doing great and i am so glad I didn't have to spend a bunch of money on a vet bill and medication.

iluvmario, Jan 28, 2013
Ask a Question