dog parks

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dkramarczyk, Apr 4, 2012.

1. dkramarczyk

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

Are dog parks really enjoyable for the dog? Do you have to be careful if it's mixed sexes? Also, do they cost anything? I am wondering about the next dog I have, taking them to dog parks regularly. That way they can get plenty of play time and exercise.

dkramarczyk, Apr 4, 2012
  2. dkramarczyk

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Where I used to live, there are no designated dog parks. Only parks where a lot of people take their dogs for walks and runs. Of course, all the four-legged friends are kept on leashes. To avoid accidents, whether of the same sex or the opposite sex kind.

Victor Leigh, Apr 5, 2012
  3. dkramarczyk

zararina Well-Known Member

I am not aware if ever there is a dog park here as I believe there is none. But I could see some dogs specially those that can be carried on some parks here. And those are open parks so its free.

zararina, Apr 5, 2012
  4. dkramarczyk

I know here in Wisconsin there are large fenced in areas for the dogs to run and play in, but the last time I was around one was when I was really little and I no longer know the person that I had gone with. I don't remember if it was enjoyable for the dogs, but I have to imagine it is. The people would let the dogs just run and play with no leash. It seems like it would be a great experience for a dog.

dkramarczyk, Apr 7, 2012
  5. dkramarczyk

Jessi Well-Known Member

Our dog parks aren't fenced in, but rather, just a park where it's designated and approved to take dogs, knowing there will be other dogs there, too. So if you're going to a park to hang out with your kids and aren't bringing a pet, you're unlikely to choose the dog park. I would only take my dog to one if they were really, really good around other dogs, though, because otherwise, it'd probably freak them out.

Jessi, Apr 15, 2012
  6. dkramarczyk

kinser Well-Known Member

We have a few dog parks where I live, but I could never take my dogs - they are too aggressive toward other dogs. As far as I know the parks are free. I think it's a good experience for dogs that are properly vaccinated and socialized with other animals.

kinser, Apr 15, 2012
  7. dkramarczyk

I do think a dog would enjoy a dog park. Do dog parks have any toys for dogs or do they just run around and play with the other dogs?

dkramarczyk, Apr 18, 2012
  8. dkramarczyk

Jessi Well-Known Member

Most dog parks are simply "dog friendly parks," meaning you would expect other dogs to be there and people aren't going to have an issue if you have yours there either. Many of them are "off the leash" parks, too, so you don't have to have yours on a leash like you would elsewhere.

I'm sure there are specialized parks somewhere like how "dog hotels" might offer up special toys and whatnot for them to play with.

Jessi, Apr 18, 2012
  9. dkramarczyk

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe -this- is what actually happens at dog parks instead then? Hehe.

Jessi, Apr 23, 2012
Ask a Question