Dog leg-humping award

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm seriously.

[​IMG]

If leg-humping offends you, I would not suggest reading any further or clicking the video, lol. It's nothing horrible, but it does show some humping action .Apparently, this leg humping contest aims to celebrate one of the dog’s natural behaviors while creating an entertaining show for us humans. :p

Jessi, Jul 11, 2012
  2. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

From my personal experience, I found that not all dogs are leg-humpers. And not all leg-humpers are male dogs.

Benjamas, my female Poodle, thinks that humping is just a lot of fun. She doesn't just hump legs. She will also hump her doggie friends, even the males. The most hilarious part is that she doesn't care which end she is humping. She is just as likely to hump from the front as from the back.

Victor Leigh, Jul 12, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol! I do agree with you that not all dogs are humpers (the obsessive ones make up for that, though) and females do it, too, sometimes. I'm not even sure why on the latter, but hey, if they enjoy it, go for it.

Jessi, Jul 12, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  4. Jessi

pugskjj Well-Known Member

LOL @ Victor, I thought I was the only one with female dogs that hump! The two chihuahuas would hump from sunup to sunset if I let them. Koko prefers to hump her sisters, and like your Benjamas she doesn't care where she is humping or if they are even awake. Kotton however will only hump certain toys, we call them Wubbas they are the long dog looking stuffed toys. She goes through all the other toys (and there is a lot) to find her hump buddy

pugskjj, Jul 12, 2012
  5. Jessi

This is getting interesting. I thought Benjamas is a one-of-a-kind. So it looks like humping, as far as dogs are concerned, is not exactly a sexual activity. What I do know is that Benjamas is always laughing when she is humping. That means she thinks it's a funny thing to do.

Victor Leigh, Jul 13, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  6. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

LOL :p
    I think we only had one male leg humping dog so far from all the dogs that we have. But we do used to have a female dog that seems to enjoy humping other dogs too no matter what gender. :p

zararina, Jul 13, 2012
  7. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Dogs hump for different reasons. One of which could be a play for dominance. And yes, not only male dogs hump. Even females do, especially the ones who want to fight over the alpha position.

Chooey my Shih tzu is currently humping Peanuts. Good thing Peanuts doesn't mind as she was born the more submissive type.

haopee, Jul 16, 2012
  8. Jessi

This is getting interesting. So humping can also be an expression of dominance. Why do I get the feeling that it seems so human-like?

Victor Leigh, Jul 16, 2012
Ask a Question