Dog Jump Out of Moving Car

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Nov 22, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be funny or devastating but it certainly is quite disturbing.

I think he's okay but I'm not sure about that. One video showed pictures of a dog with wounded paws but the owner said the dog is now fine. Nonetheless, this is the reason why seat belts are important.

haopee, Nov 22, 2012
  2. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Whoa. I'm glad the dog is okay then. At the very least, the owner should've only had the window down partway so he couldn't jump out.

And uh, why were they filming this? Does he have a habit of jumping out at other dogs and they were encouraging it?? :S

Jessi, Nov 22, 2012
    Nick87 likes this.
  3. haopee

pafjlh Well-Known Member

This was disturbing to look at, and my first thought was did the dog jump or was he thrown. I know I shouldn't think like that, but when you look at the video its hard to know what was actually going on. I can only hope he jumped out and that he's okay as well. Wonder why this was being filmed, maybe someone was filming the other dog running down the pasture and this just happen to happen, that's what it looks like could of been the case.

pafjlh, Nov 22, 2012
  4. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

This looks awful:( Instead of filming, the owner should stop this dog when he noticed that it's ready to jump. It's so dangerous. I really hope the dog is okay ... even if nothing very serious happened though, for sure he has some bruises. Poor thing:(

claudine, Nov 22, 2012
  5. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, part of me thought that it was like they're expecting this to happen. They knew the dog would jump out of the car. And what's worst is, it seemed like it was anticipated since the video was all propped up.

But that's just me, I can have crazy ideas sometimes.
    I just hope you're right on this.
    The dog is okay. But some of the skin on its paws got scraped and those paws look really tattered and torn... like an old rug.

haopee, Nov 23, 2012
  6. haopee

Melody Well-Known Member

I can't watch the video after seeing your comments. Too disturbing. I have to wonder like haopee how they got the video if they were not planning on this happening. Possibly, this was something the dog did on a regular basis which is even scarier.

I always worried about this with Sierra. She sat in the back seat unrestrained. But, I only opened the window a couple of inches. I was always too terrified to put it down any further. You just don't know what might catch a dog's attention.

Misha rides in her crate. It's safer for everyone since no one needs a Jack Russell bouncing around the car.

Melody, Nov 25, 2012
  7. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

This is very true, you just don't know. And dogs often aren't scared of things that they should be scared of. They just don't have imagination. For example, Homer isn't scared of heights:(

claudine, Nov 26, 2012
  8. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

This is a very dangerous video. I don't mean dangerous to the dog that was already filmed. I am worried that some stupid people will try more dog jumping-out-of-car stunts just to get youtube views. That dog was lucky that it was not hurt badly. The next dog might not be so lucky.

Victor Leigh, Nov 26, 2012
Ask a Question