Dog helps a boy deal with life

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Melody, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

This is a sweet story that may bring a tear to your eye. This little boy suffers from a rare disease called Schwartz-Jampel syndrome. I'm not sure what it is but it can cause facial problems. The boy is terrified of strangers and new situations.

His parents found out about a dog being offered through the RSPCA. The dog has only three legs. Someone tied him to a railroad track and he was hit by a train. But, he survived.

The family adopted the dog and the dog has become the little boys savior. The dog has brought the boy out of his shell. He talks about the dog and wants to show him to people. They are inseparable.

Here's the story:
    http://www.care2.com/causes/3-legged-dog-helps-boy-overcome-his-fears.html

Melody, Oct 27, 2012
  2. Melody

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Beautiful and touching story. Shows once again how a dog's love can be so important to someone. When you stop to think about how this poor dog was once mistreated and now he has brought such love to a little boy who so desperately needed it. It goes to show that this dog had a purpose in life, and those who mistreated him should be ashamed of themselves. I''m glad he and the boy found each other.

pafjlh, Oct 27, 2012
  3. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

It's a great story, very touching. I don't understand how anybody could tie a dog to a railroad track...:( I'm so glad he is okay now. The family helped the dog and the dog helped the boy. It's another proof that we need each other:) .

claudine, Oct 27, 2012
  4. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

That's great. Dogs won't judge you or show you pity. All they want is to have fun and get a lot of love... and discipline too. So it's nice that a dog has helped in prolonging Owen's life. I'm sure it has affected Haatchi's life in the same manner.

haopee, Oct 29, 2012
  5. Melody

Nick87 Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I don't think they're called "rescue" dogs because we rescue them...but because they rescue us.
    Stories like this make me cry (manly tears). This is incredible, and I'm glad the dog and the kid were able to find each other.

Nick87, Nov 24, 2012
  6. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

More evidence that dogs are more than just animals. One thing, though. I wonder whether having three legs contributed anything to that relationship.

Victor Leigh, Nov 25, 2012
  7. Melody

tajnz Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this story, it's really heart warming. I'm so glad that the dog and the boy were able to touch each others lives. :)What a special friendship!

tajnz, Dec 11, 2012
  8. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

I agree that it was really an inspirational story. :)
    There are really lots of wonderful reasons why dogs are great companions in life.

zararina, Dec 11, 2012
  9. Melody

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Melody you were right as I went through a few tissues due to the tears this story invoked. Beautiful, touching story - thank you for bringing it here, Melody.

As all are saying, dogs are loyal & ask only for love in return. Yet in this world, there are still so many humans, that feel the need to abuse, torture & kill dogs, cats, horses & others. So when we read a story as Melody posted, it renews my faith a little in mankind.

SweetBeast, Dec 12, 2012
Ask a Question