Does your dog like car rides?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Do you take them with you places frequently or just when they have to go to the vet, etc? Do you buckle them up or do they simply sit in their seat (or hang out the window)?

Jessi, Apr 18, 2012
  2. Jessi

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog LOVES car rides, unfortunately do do his fear aggression I can't take him too many places withme. It's a shame because in many ways he would be the perfect dog to bring along on quick outings. I don't buckle him in but he just lays on the seat next to me.

MakingCents, Apr 18, 2012
  3. Jessi

luvsdragonflies Member

My dog Dizzi get super car sick and when I was moving from Georgia to Texas I had to give her a small sleeping pill from the doctor. My dog Onyx loves to ride in the car but, he likes to jump around from front seat to back seat..

luvsdragonflies, Apr 18, 2012
  4. Jessi

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My mom's dog is so well behaved and would love to go visit my sister at college but she gets horribly car sick :( We tried getting a medecine for her but it actually seemed to make it worse.

MakingCents, Apr 19, 2012
  5. Jessi

kinser Well-Known Member

One of my dogs gets very anxious in the car, and the other tends to get carsick. So that means car rides only when necessary. I also hate cleaning out the car when they've been in it.

kinser, Apr 19, 2012
  6. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog used to be a stray puppy in our community and we just decided to adopt him when we are sure no one owns him. He usually just inside our compound and we could observe that he was afraid to go out of the gate when we tries to bring him outside (maybe he thinks he will be thrown away again LOL). And so he never ride any vehicle yet and I think he was also afraid of that.;)

zararina, Apr 19, 2012
Ask a Question