Does Your Dog Have Any Bizarre Habits?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by OhioTom76, Sep 4, 2012.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Our beagle loved getting her back scratched and when you did it, she would start kicking her back leg up and down stomping on the floor. Obviously we cant sit with her all day and do this although I'm sure she would have liked us to. Well, eventually she discovered the box springs on our day bed - more specifically that she could go under the day bed and the springs were just low enough to "scratch" he back. Some days she would be under there for an hour amusing herself, and when you lifted the bed skirt she would stop with this look on her face like "what?!".

Our terrier liked to jump up on the bed and just stare at herself endlessly.

Our oldest dog used to scare herself whenever she farted. She'd look back real quick like something happened to her, then take off running.

Do your dogs do anything goofy that baffles you?

OhioTom76, Sep 4, 2012
  2. OhioTom76

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

My dog is bizarre, period. However, here's a few of his mentalist behaviours:

• He makes wookie noises at the dishwasher, when it's not on.
    • He will tapdance with his hind quarters.
    • Instead of turning around to face you when he wants attention, he will raise his head until his snout points up towards the ceiling. He will then tip over backwards, and topple onto you.
    • He has an ear licking obsession.
    • He farts almost constantly when he's running
    • He shouts at chairs when they're empty.

I could go on.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 5, 2012
  3. OhioTom76

claudine Well-Known Member

My dog always sleeps on my clothes, no matter where I leave them. And he is obsessed with his green blanket, he carries it with him almost all the time. He also often brings apples from our garden and he arranges them in the circles on the floor:confused: .

claudine, Sep 5, 2012
  4. OhioTom76

Pocs Well-Known Member

Both of my dogs hide when it's thundering very loud. Usually under the couch or bed. But they don't hide in silence. They howl after each clap of thunder. Not together either, usually Gizmo first, followed quickly after by Gix.

Pocs, Sep 5, 2012
  5. OhioTom76

Melody Well-Known Member

Sometimes when we don't pay attention to Misha, her feelings get hurt--or something like that. She will disappear. We'll find her sitting under the tablecloth on the corner table next to my Mom's bed. She will just be sitting there waiting for someone to find her.

But, she is a burrower. She prefers being under blankets than on this, so it's not that odd that she would want to hide under something like this. I guess she sees the tablecloth as her own special hiding place.

Melody, Sep 5, 2012
  6. OhioTom76

I forgot about this one, but our coonhound had a weird trait where a very clearly defined strip of hair on her back would stand straight up whenever she got scared. It was bizzare, it looked like a mohawk.

OhioTom76, Sep 9, 2012
  7. OhioTom76

zararina Well-Known Member

Some bizarre things or habits of our recent dog.
    - lying down with his back and scratching his face.
    - jumping and turning around while making noises when it was feeding time already.

zararina, Sep 13, 2012
  8. OhioTom76

All of our dogs enjoyed laying in the sunlight whenever we had a door or curtain open in the house. I never realized that they were doing this because it soothes their joints. They all started doing this a lot more when they got older.

OhioTom76, Sep 14, 2012
Ask a Question