Does your dog hate bath time?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

This dog really does not want to take a bath!

Does your dog react this way? My sister's dog does. Though eventually she will get up and walk to the tub. She does put on good resistence beforehand though.

Melody, Jun 20, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!! He really, really doesn't want to take a bath, huh?

And I really don't know. I can't say I've ever given this particular dog a "real bath." He's been bathed outside a bit. And we've used no-water shampoo products on him. He really needs a bath, but I don't want to do it on my own and I can't get anyone to help me, heh.

Jessi, Jun 21, 2012
  3. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, I am so glad you mentioned that. I've haven't given Misha a real bath in awhile (see all previous posts for her issues LOL) I've been using Furminator no water shampoo. I think the stuff works great.

My sister's dog acts like the one in the video but not as dramatic. She will eventually get up and go in the tub. She throws herself to the ground like dead weight for a minute or two before she gives in.

Melody, Jun 21, 2012
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog will try hiding when it is bath time. But the moment we had poured water on him, he is well behaved and will just wait until it was finished. So, I think he does not really hate it at all.

zararina, Jun 21, 2012
  5. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think sometimes the dog learns to fear taking a bath because of the way the owner makes it such a big deal. Teaching dogs is very often like teaching kids. Just make taking a bath something that's just a matter of course and it would be fine. When I bath Candy, I just take her into the bathroom, lock the door, turn on the shower and bath together with her.

Victor Leigh, Jun 21, 2012
  6. Melody

beth1414 New Member

Our poor dog was scared of bath time when he was a puppy. And now, four years later, he still absolutely hates it. I'm not sure if its the bath, honestly, or just water in general. If it rains, he stays inside. If there's a sprinkler, he runs away. The wimpy dog won't even go swimming. It seems to be so odd for a golden retriever. I've heard that they love water.

beth1414, Nov 7, 2015
  7. Melody

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Haha, how cute was that! My dog doesn't like to take a bath either, and he would go into his kennel pretending that he is good or resting. But in the end, he has to anyway and doesn't resist much in the tub.

IcyBC, Nov 8, 2015
  8. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Lol, this is a super cute video, watching it made me laugh very hard:D
    My Homer hates being bathed too. He always tries to run away from the bathtub;)

claudine, Nov 8, 2015
  9. Melody

Alpha1 Active Member

Lol, that is one cute dog. An interesting fact is, off all the dogs I have owned ever since I was young, only one seemed not to mind bath times, the rest hate it (even my current dogs).

Alpha1, Nov 30, 2015
Ask a Question