Does your dog chase its tail?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This reminds me of Misha. :D She chases her tail at least once a day. It's so funny because she will spin and spin and spin, never quite catching up. She'll shift direction and try it the other way. Then, she stops with that woozy look in her eyes. I don't think she's ever won the game.

My Lab never chased her tail. However, she would tease herself with it. I'd see her get this look in her eyes and she'd be watching her tail. Then, she would thump her tail up and down several times until she'd strike. She caught it every time. LOL

Does your dog chase its tail? Does he/she play games with its tail like my Lab did?

Melody, Jun 26, 2012
  2. Melody

tajnz Well-Known Member

Growing up all my friends dogs enjoyed chasing their tails, but mine never did.:confused: Not once did I spot Rosie or Honey chasing their tails.o_O In fact neither would thump their tale or play with them either. Probably because they had smallish tails that stuck up and they had quite long bodies and perhaps couldn't see their tails easily. They often wagged their tails though;).

tajnz, Jun 27, 2012
  3. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Finally, a stereotype I can say my dog doesn't follow! Maybe he chased his tail when he was younger, but I've never seen him do it in recent years. He does so many other weird things to make up for it, though, hehe.

Jessi, Jun 27, 2012
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dogs usually chase their tails on their "puppy" stage. ;)
    And as they grow up, very rare that I would see one of our dogs chase his tail for fun or when being playful.

zararina, Jun 27, 2012
  5. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

argon_0, Jun 28, 2012
  6. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

I think when they are young they do simply because they do not know where the tail ends and the world begins. Peanuts used to do it when she was bored. But as she grew up and learned that she had toys she could play with, the tail c.hasing lessened and disappeared eventually.

I wonder if Corgis have the same obsession with the nubbins.:D

haopee, Jun 29, 2012
  7. Melody

NewDCD Well-Known Member

Milla chases her tail every once in a while...for about 5 seconds. Then she loses interest and goes do something else, heh.

NewDCD, Jun 29, 2012
Ask a Question