Does it weird anyone else out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by nikki, Aug 22, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

That there is typically always a Chinese food joint next to or in the same shopping center as a veterinarian clinic? Ive noticed that more and more Im seeing the two paired together and its disturbing in a weird way.

nikki, Aug 22, 2012
  2. nikki

haopee Well-Known Member

It is disturbing. But I'm sure it's just mere coincidence. I doubt Chinese restaurants are willing to risk the lives of their clients by serving unsafe dog meat. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want PETA taking action either.

On a serious note, although dog meat trading (as well as dog and cat slaughter legislated in 1950) is banned by law in Hong Kong, there are still provinces in Mainland China which have festivals where in dog meat is being served. Guanxi and Guandong are places where the meat is popular.

haopee, Aug 22, 2012
  3. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. There's a Chinese food joint in pretty much every mall or shopping center. The vet clinics popping up there is probably just a matter of convenience or a trend that's happening for economic reasons.

Jessi, Aug 22, 2012
  4. nikki

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Never noticed the two combined. Must keep an eye out. I guess you can expect any combinations. A fast food next to a Jenny Graig.

argon_0, Aug 23, 2012
  5. nikki

claudine Well-Known Member

It is disturbing for me too, but mostly because eating dog meat is disturbing for me. I don't understand how some people can eat dogs. I prefer not to think about this:eek: . But the closeness of the restaurant and the vet is probably just a coincidence, I agree with my previous speakers on this.

claudine, Aug 25, 2012
  6. nikki

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is much to be concerned about. If a funeral parlour and a restaurant are in the same street we wouldn't give it a second thought. I really find the notion of eating dog abhorrent. I had someone from Korea stay with me a few years back and he said his fathers restaurant served dog meat. So it does happen.

argon_0, Aug 25, 2012
  7. nikki

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine worked at a local Chinese restaurant, they get their food from the same local distributors as all the other restaurants in our area. They get some of their stuff from a local Italian specialty grocery store as well. It doesn't make sense whatsoever for their employees to be running around the streets all day looking for strays, then having to process them.

OhioTom76, Sep 13, 2012
  8. nikki

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I have seen this around my world, but the thought is disturbing and reminded me of my friend's story. There is a Chinese restaurant in town, and my friend was contracted to work fixing thing for their restaurant. He said it used to be his favorite restaurant until worked there and found so many cats in their cages. Though he never asked the owner about this, he just stopped eating there after that.

IcyBC, May 22, 2016
  9. nikki

Trellum Well-Known Member

I think that is just a coincidence, most malls have a Chinese food restaurants, after all. That is something that can never be lacking here :p But I'd not worry too much about it, specially in the US and the EU.

Trellum, May 29, 2016
  10. nikki

Djordje87 Active Member

Whoa. We do not have that in Serbia fortunately but I heard about it on several different forums so yes, it is disturbing in a sense of that combination clinic.Chinese food restaurant. In general terms I do not put dogs in front of any other animal and it is as terrible to me to eat pork or dog meat. The same! At least dogs are not endangered species like some other animals. I never understood this and I consider people who eat meat and get grossed by mentioning eating dog meat to be hypocrites. I am not offending anyone here just saying my opinion on this and I am always straight forward about things that I care about and I do care about animals.

Djordje87, Jun 16, 2016
Ask a Question