Does anyone have pet insurance?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dashboardc33, Oct 7, 2012.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33 Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there have insurance on their pets? Do you feel it is worth it? To me, I don't feel that pet insurance is worth it, because it is so expensive to pay for the years while your pet is living. I suppose if you have a really expensive dog that is in competition, it may be worth it. Anyways, was just checking to see how many people actually have pet insurance.

dashboardc33, Oct 7, 2012
  2. dashboardc33

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Oct 7, 2012
    Alpha1 and dashboardc33 like this.
  3. dashboardc33

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I don't know what I do considering as pet insurance, but I joined a program at Petsmart for Capone's health check up since we had him two years ago. I paid a certain amount monthly through my checking account, and he gets all his shots, and his check-up through it.

Now that he is two years old, I am tempting to get him off this program and find somewhere else to just pay for his yearly booster shots.

IcyBC, May 22, 2016
  4. dashboardc33

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We have been spending a lot for our dogs especially about health issues. At the first sign of a symptom, hastily summon the vet - yeah, we are lucky to have a vet who makes house calls. But if that vet is not available, I bring our "sick" dog to the other clinic with a lady vet. One trip by the vet or trip to the clinic costs a lot of money because pets are like humans now when it comes to medical attention. Even confinement in the clinic is on a per day basis. But anyway, I am willing to get the highest insurance package if there would be a pet insurance here. Unfortunately, the insurance companies here haven't thought of that innovation yet.

Corzhens, May 30, 2016
Ask a Question