Do your dogs like to travel?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

My dogs love to go anywhere in the car! My two smaller dachshunds will travel anywhere in a car. We've taken them for long trips to other states and they love it. My larger dogs Petunia and Babygirl like to go in the car but are not real thrilled with long trips. Several times a year we pack them up and take them hiking with us at the local wildlife refuge we all have so much fun!

SheWolfSilver, Feb 15, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

summerRain Well-Known Member

My Shitzu doesn't want to look around what's going outside the car. He rather sleep in the car every time we are on a long trip but he likes to play and stroll once we reached our destination. I don't know if he's just dizzy or something so I just let him sleep on my lap throughout the trip.

summerRain, Feb 16, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

zararina Well-Known Member

Our dog does not want to be outside of our gate since he was "battered" before when he was still a stray puppy. He seems to be very brave when inside "our" territory and would feel scared outside so he does not want to travel for sure. :p

zararina, Feb 16, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Oh yes, my baby loves to travel! He loves to go to town with me, or even on long trips. I love putting him in my purse and taking him to Wal-mart with me. It is so funny watching everyone look at my purse and he just looks at them with this cute look in his eyes, so cute!

wahcashmom, Feb 20, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

wils172 Active Member

My dogs like to go for rides if they get ice cream during the trip. Otherwise they'd rather not be in the car lol. My one dog actually is afraid of going for rides because he jumped out of the back of a moving truck when he was young.. scared him for life :(

wils172, Mar 2, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's rather standard behavior for a Shih Tzu. I remember taking my Shih Tzu with me once when I went out for dinner. I put him on the chair next to me. He promptly went to sleep. Or pretended to be asleep. Until I finished dinner. Then he woke up for me to take him home. Can't imagine my Poodle being so dinner-outing-friendly, though.

Victor Leigh, Mar 3, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka loves travelling in the car and going to the beach . Unfortunately when my wife and I go kayaking we need to leave her at home for obvious reasons. Though what she does when I am loading the kayaks on the car is she jumps into the front of the car on the floor of the drivers side and will not budge. It's so hard to have to drag her out and tell her to stay home. Those big brown eyes of hers make you wish you could take her. If we had a third person such as our daughter to come along then there would be no problem with someone looking after her playing Frisbee on the beach.

argon_0, Mar 4, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

summerRain Well-Known Member

Pretending to be asleep? Well I can relate to that, my dog Chow is always acting that way if he's not interested to something. I remember when my friends want to play with him and he just turn his head and go back to sleep.

summerRain, Mar 5, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think dogs have some of energy-saving device in their genes. Kind of like the screen-savers we have on our pcs. So when there isn't much going on, they just switch off. I can tell if my dog is really asleep because if he is, then he is drowsy-eyed when he wakes up.

Victor Leigh, Mar 5, 2012
Ask a Question