Do you travel with your dog??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by AutumnFaith2012, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Do you travel with your dog?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012 Active Member

Do you guys travel with your dogs? I'd love to hear if you travel with your furry friends and if you do, do you travel by car or plane? What should you bring on the trip for your furry friends? Any tips for rest stops?

I'm curious because I usually board my little one or just leave him with family when I take road trips, but this week I'm traveling with family so I decided to bring him along. Some of the rest stops are pet friendly and some aren't. My little one did pretty well in the car, but now that we're at our cabin in the mountains, he's a little apprehensive and not eating :( He was fine on the car ride and I thought a good night's sleep and a place to stay would help cheer him up. I'm just not sure..... Second guessing bringing him along, but I hate that he always has to stay behind.

AutumnFaith2012, Sep 4, 2012
  2. AutumnFaith2012

Pocs Well-Known Member

We try to take our dogs everywhere we go. They are excellent car riders and love adventures as much as we do.

Pocs, Sep 4, 2012
  3. AutumnFaith2012

claudine Well-Known Member

Even though I'd like to, I never travel with my dog. It would be too stressful for him. He hates riding a car and he is the happiest when he is in the area that he is familiar with.

claudine, Sep 5, 2012
  4. AutumnFaith2012

kalasin Member

We do not. He stays with a family that has no other dogs but loves dogs. They take him to the dog park daily and keep him on the same walking/feeding routine that we do, which I think is really beneficial.

kalasin, Sep 5, 2012
  5. AutumnFaith2012

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Yes, my oldest dog took a 4 hour road trip down to my college and back when I was starting school and my folks were helping me move into my dorm. I would never try to take her on a plane though. I rescued her from a pound, I couldn't fathom putting her back into a cage in a storage unit with other dogs like that again. It would probably traumatize her.

OhioTom76, Sep 5, 2012
  6. AutumnFaith2012

nikki Well-Known Member

One we do. The other is too wild. Gigi likes to ride in the car and can go for hours, will be polite and not try to mark up a hotel. Butch.....he has to stay home. The boys got no manners no matter how hard we try.

nikki, Sep 5, 2012
  7. AutumnFaith2012

supergirl Active Member

I think it is a lot of hard work to be able to take your dog out of the country and it's probably not worth the risk. I know that any dog entering England from abroad has to be quarantined for 6 months or over in order to discover whether it has rabies or not. Then there is always the amount of stress it puts on the animals..

supergirl, Sep 6, 2012
Ask a Question