Do You Remember David Copperfield?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by haopee, Jun 1, 2013.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Wow, it's been so long since I can recall the events that transpired when David Copperfield decided to fly around the Grand Canyon.

Anyway, he was a classic and he was someone I idolized as a kid because he was a great performer and his tricks were simply amazing for his time.

One of my favorite tricks involved him and Webster, his duck assistant.

haopee, Jun 1, 2013
  2. haopee

TheBrit Active Member

I remember that guy. He was an illusionist and magician. He appeared many times on UK prime time TV. His act and illusions were something else and the talk of many pundits whenever he was on. What ever happened to him? Is he still alive?

TheBrit, Jun 11, 2013
  3. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes I can recall his name although I have not seen lots of his shows or tricks.
    Nice video, thanks for sharing. :)

zararina, Jun 13, 2013
  4. haopee

amundy8 Active Member

Yes I remember David Copperfield vividly! He was so handsome! My mom complimented his appearance a lot. You guys speak of him in past tense as if he is no longer with us. Isn't he still alive and well? Last I remember seeing him on T.V. was a few years back. One of my favorite tricks was when he had the T.V. viewers participate using a card trick. You had to keep your finger on one of the cards of your choice that was on the screen. By the time he eliminated the cards, the one that remained was the one that your finger was on! With millions of viewers, I don't see how he pulled that off! He's always succeeded with every trick, including the illusion of making large things like buildings or trains disappear!

amundy8, Jun 24, 2013
  5. haopee

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Of course I remember David Copperfield. I still have the issue of Architectural Digest that has him and his house on the cover. He has a museum in his house of old magic paraphernalia. My favorite illusions of his were when he made the Statue of Liberty disappear and when he walked through the Great Wall of China.

ACSAPA, Jun 24, 2013
Ask a Question