Do you only love your dog because he looks cute?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014.

1. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

This is something that I have been thinking about for quite a while now. I have a couple of friends who are dog owners as well, and their dogs are the cute and expensive ones. However, if they see a stray dog or one that's a bit dirty, they get annoyed. So, I thought, do you love dogs only because they're cute? For me, I love dogs in general and they have a soft spot in my heart, regardless if they're of a good breed or not.

maryannballeras, Nov 11, 2014
  2. maryannballeras

claudine Well-Known Member

Of course not! I love Homer, because he is the sweetest little thing in the whole world and he jumps from happiness when he sees me. I love him because he makes me smile:D
    The truth is that he doesn't always look cute. Right now, his hair is too long and not very clean:p

claudine, Nov 20, 2014
  3. maryannballeras

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Frida is not exactly a beauty (but to me she is), she has a beard and long eyebrows because she is a schnauzer (standard). Some people thinks those dogs look kinda ugly, but to me they don't.

By the way, I do feel bad when I see stray dogs, but only because I feel so sorry for them.

Trellum, Jun 18, 2015
  4. maryannballeras

In my opinion Schnauzers are very cute in their own, special way:D Same goes for pugs and French bulldogs. I love all those breeds.
    Could you post a picture of Frida?:)

claudine, Jun 18, 2015
  5. maryannballeras

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I don't. My dogs aren't really cute, though. They have big heads. Little Ann was cute for a while, but she's getting to that awkward puppy stage where she kindof looks funny.

LilAnn, Jun 18, 2015
  6. maryannballeras

Sure, I can and will as soon as I can get the keyboard for my new laptop. All my files are there :( 2 weeks or so ago I was dumb enough to leave a glass of water near my laptop, Bob knocked it over and it fell on the keyboard. Now I am waiting for the keyboard to arrive from china :( I was very upset because they had told me they did have a keyboard in my language, but then they said it was a mistake. I've a lot pics of her when she was a baby :) Those are my favorite, she had the blackest beard ever :p

Trellum, Jun 19, 2015
  7. maryannballeras

LilAnn Well-Known Member

LilAnn, Jun 19, 2015
  8. maryannballeras

LilAnn Well-Known Member

... I tried giving my laptop a beer, once. It obviously wasn't a fan of beer. It never did anything for me again after that.

LilAnn, Jun 19, 2015
  9. maryannballeras

Oh no, I'm very sorry to hear that!:( I once had spilled a very watery pasta sauce on my laptop. It miraculously started working again after two weeks! I was so happy!
    Frida must have looked cute as a puppy!:)

claudine, Jun 19, 2015
  10. maryannballeras

I did the same on the old toshiba laptop (the one i am using now) and nothing happened, this old laptop has standed a lot abuse :D The newest one is more delicate, couldn't handle a bit water, lol. Ah well, only the keyboard was damaged, the person who checked it told me i could have lost all my files!!! Yes, I will post a picture of her as soon as I get my new keyboard installed on my laptop :)

Trellum, Jun 21, 2015
  11. maryannballeras

Hhahahaha! Oh my, sorry to hear that, is always sad to lose a laptop, but the way you said it made me laugh :) What happened to it? Did the whole laptop go kaput? If so, damn! Couldn't it be saved? I once spilled some soup on this old laptop am currently usingm, but reacted well, the new one... well, I guess it is more fragile, lol. I WILL NEVER keep anything liquid near that laptop ever!!!

Trellum, Jun 21, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  12. maryannballeras

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, there was no coming back from that. A friend took it apart and cleaned it piece by piece. I finally sold it for parts on e-bay

LilAnn, Jun 22, 2015
  13. maryannballeras

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your Frida:D
    I think that old laptops are less delicate than the new ones. Mine is almost 6 years old and it survived many things, including being dropped on the ground;)

claudine, Jun 23, 2015
  14. maryannballeras

Wow, who is the manufacturer? It can't be a Toshiba, lol. So far I haven't dropped any of my lkaptops, so I can't talk about that, but this old laptop is still super studry. Very heavy compared to the new one. I miss the old one so bad, but to make it up for that I have been gaming on the old one a lot!

Trellum, Jun 23, 2015
  15. maryannballeras

Oh well, at least you could make some money off those parts ;) I've been thinking of selling this old one once I move out, take the new one with me, but we will see if with the new keyboard it works the way it should. Laptops are wonderful, until you realize they are so fragile!! I think the touchpad got damaged as well.

Trellum, Jun 23, 2015
  16. maryannballeras

It's Asus. Homer used it as his bed once and it survived:D I believe nothing can destroy this laptop, lol;) But I don't use it often, because it's very slow.

claudine, Jun 24, 2015
  17. maryannballeras

Ah, I have heard about Asus! To be honest I have only seen it once over here, not easy to get. I think Toshiba nad Sony have both monopolized the laptop market here. And lol, that little homie womie!

Trellum, Jun 24, 2015
  18. maryannballeras

Asus is quite popular here. I bought my laptop in a supermarket.
    Homer loves sleeping on my things;) There is no way to hide them from him;)

claudine, Jun 25, 2015
  19. maryannballeras

Lol, and here I am still waiting for my keyboard to arrive from china! It seems now everything is made in china! I was checking the other day and even this Toshiba laptop was assembled in China! Both of them!

Trellum, Jun 25, 2015
  20. maryannballeras

Winterybella Well-Known Member

China is the place: your favourite place Trellum and you are sure to find it all. I have a Dell that goes everywhere with me. I am thinking if it shuts down I am dead as it's always on my hip and shoulder. Right now it needs a battery so I know it's days are numbered.
    I want to transfer all of my phone pictures to my laptop so that it will be easy to share, but I am such a slow person when it comes to these kinds of computer related things.

By the way, I don't know if my girls are cute, I just love them because they are my girls.

Winterybella, Jun 25, 2015
Ask a Question