Do you like to travel?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by wahcashmom, Dec 16, 2011.

1. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Do you like to travel?

I love to travel when I get time off from working. I love to go to the beach, and large cities! I really do enjoy shopping and going out to eat at new places.

wahcashmom, Dec 16, 2011
  2. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, I also like to travel although I do not travel as much as I want. I need to work and also need to save money for several things like home improvements.
    I also love the beach and places that have beautiful views of nature.

zararina, Dec 16, 2011
  3. wahcashmom

aimend13 Active Member

I'm sort of a wanderer, I love even doing simple things like hopping in the car and taking an afternoon to drive to a new city/town and explore. I think looking outside of our own lives and comfort zone has so much to teach us as people and is so interesting. So I'm definitely a traveler in my heart. I would love to head to Europe again sometime, I took a trip during the summer after I graduated high school and fell in love with the culture and people.

aimend13, Dec 19, 2011
    King Browny likes this.
  4. wahcashmom

King Browny Well-Known Member

I do too when I have the opportunity. Usually on my rest day I get out of my place to see part of the world wherever my feet would take me and definitely not that same place over and over again. We sometimes need that break from monotonous sights daily.

King Browny, Dec 21, 2011
  5. wahcashmom

amy005 Well-Known Member

I wish I had the money to travel. I would also love to explore different countries or just different states in the US and see the difference in culture, etc. Both my siblings have been able to travel so hopefully someday I too will be able to.

amy005, Dec 21, 2011
  6. wahcashmom

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

Don't have the money to do much traveling, but if I could I need to see the other half of the US states I haven't been in and Hawaii and Puerto rico .

SallyintheValley, Mar 10, 2012
  7. wahcashmom

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

When I was younger, I liked to travel. Hitch-hiking most of the time. Hitch-hiking is a good way to travel. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and you really get to see the land that you travel through.

Victor Leigh, Mar 11, 2012
  8. wahcashmom

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I love to travel! My husband used to make hotshot deliveries which is basically getting the equipment there as fast as you can. We traveled a lot when he was doing that and I loved it! Of course we didn't have all the animals we have now it would be a little more complicated now.

SheWolfSilver, Mar 12, 2012
  9. wahcashmom

Yes, that's the downside of having pets. They do somewhat curtail our traveling activities. In some ways, having a dog ties a man down more than having a wife.

Victor Leigh, Mar 12, 2012
  10. wahcashmom

Yes, that's the downside of having pets. They do somewhat curtail our traveling activities. In some ways, having a dog ties a man down more than having a wife.

Victor Leigh, Mar 12, 2012
  11. wahcashmom

kinser Well-Known Member

I love to travel, but haven't gotten to in a looooong time because of children, pets, and lack of money. Someday there are a lot of places I'd love to visit. I had the opportunity to spend two years in Japan several years ago, and just experiencing such a different culture than I was used to was fascinating. I want to go re-vist there someday as well.

kinser, Apr 24, 2012
  12. wahcashmom

christina Member

I love to travel. I haven't been much of anywhere though! If I ever become a millionaire, then I'm going to travel the world. We don't have the extra gas money to travel right now though!

christina, Apr 26, 2012
  13. wahcashmom

Without gas, you can still travel. On foot. I am sure your dogs would like that. How about backpacking through the woods during the weekends with your dogs?

Victor Leigh, Apr 27, 2012
  14. wahcashmom

That’s the good thing with living in the countryside. You could walk your way to the river or ponds, swim or fish there, hike or camp on forest, hills or mountains. All the freshest fruits and vegetables and milk will be available to you and so do the juicy poultry eggs and animals. And there’s the vast grassland for you to rest and play tag or fetch with your dog. You could hunt, shoot birds for exotic meal, climb trees and grab sweet ripe fruit in your leisure time. The environment there is also one of the best places that’ll inspire you to think and write. There are a lot of great things to do in the province. Being in the city, I still have to travel for hours just to experience those things. And yes, it’s quite expensive but not if you save for planned explorations.

King Browny, Apr 27, 2012
  15. wahcashmom

Actually it's one of my dreams to go backpacking with my dog. However I will have to do it in another country. Where I live now, the general atmosphere is very anti-dog.

Victor Leigh, Apr 28, 2012
  16. wahcashmom

Why is it anti-dog? o_O

King Browny, May 2, 2012
  17. wahcashmom

I am sure that it's a misunderstanding but the general impression that the Malays, who are in the majority here, have of dogs is that dogs should be shot on sight. Or stoned, at the very least. Sad but true.

Victor Leigh, May 2, 2012
  18. wahcashmom

Well, so they can’t enjoy the wonderful company of dogs, too. So, like, how do they see these dogs, some kind of an evil force or something? What's their reason to shoot or stone them?

King Browny, May 4, 2012
  19. wahcashmom

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ugh, that's awful! Do they do that to pets if they see them or is that how they treat strays that are out in the streets?

Jessi, May 5, 2012
  20. wahcashmom

They just hate dogs. All kinds. Big ones. Small ones. Fierce ones. Cuddly ones. Pets or strays are all the same to them. Maybe it has something to do with how they feel about the Chinese in Malaysia because, generally, the Chinese here keep dogs. Not for eating. Just as pets and watch dogs. Also for hunting wild boar.

Victor Leigh, May 5, 2012
Ask a Question