Do you know how to read your dogs body language?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by trinden, Feb 1, 2015.

1. trinden

trinden Active Member

What is your dog trying to tell you? Dogs have a language that allows them to communicate their emotional state and their intentions to others around them. Although dogs do use sounds and signals, much of the information that they send is through their body language, specifically their facial expressions and body postures.

Here's a chart that might help you out

Attached Files:

trinden, Feb 1, 2015
  2. trinden

claudine Well-Known Member

This chart is very small. I can hardly see the pictures:( Are they available in a bigger resolution?
    Usually, I know what my dog is trying to tell me. He jumps when he's happy and bites everyone when we annoy him:p

claudine, Feb 2, 2015
  3. trinden

trinden Active Member

Sorry about that..if you go to dogsarefun(dot)net/do-you-know-how-to-read-your-dogs-body-language/ you will see an excellent article on how to read your dog's body language I did not want to post links because i don't want to be accused of spamming :)

trinden, Feb 2, 2015
  4. trinden

claudine Well-Known Member

I found it!:) It really is a very interesting article.
    To be honest, I had no idea that dogs lick their noses and yawn when they're stressed. I thought that they do this out of boredom.

claudine, Feb 2, 2015
  5. trinden

trinden Active Member

Glad you liked it..you should check out the rest of the site..some really great articles :)

trinden, Feb 2, 2015
  6. trinden

Trellum Well-Known Member

I agree with Claudine, the graph looks so small I can hardly see anything :( It's a pity, because I thought this was a really interesting piece of information to keep handy :)

Trellum, Feb 2, 2015
  7. trinden

trinden Active Member

Hey Trellum, Sorry about that..if you go to dogsarefun(dot)net/do-you-know-how-to-read-your-dogs-body-language/ you will see an excellent article on how to read your dog's body language and u can also enlarge the image. :) I did not want to post links because i don't want to be accused of spamming

trinden, Feb 2, 2015
  8. trinden

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I have posted links before. If you are in doubt you can ask admin. Anyway, about the dogs and body language, my girls talk to me everyday. It's mostly when they want to go outside to relieve themselves. These days one is behaving strangely, and I can't read her behaviour sometimes. Sometimes it's like she is just telling me to get up or something: she's been non specific. They speak a language I don't always understand.

Winterybella, Mar 8, 2015
Ask a Question