Do you have trouble walking your dog?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Melody, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

At first, I was a little bit disturbed by this video as I thought the man was hurting the dog. Then, I read the story in the comments. The dog evidently does this regularly when the man walks his dog. It appears to me that it is a Jack Russell Terrier. Why doesn't that surprise me?

See how the dog gets up periodically? And then, at the end he walks off as if he nothing out of the ordinary was going on at all.

(It gets shaky at the end. The person doing the video said they were laughing so hard they were bouncing the camera around.)

Melody, Jun 9, 2012
  2. Melody

haopee Well-Known Member

It is an adorable JRT. They have so much personality. Some dogs are just too lazy to walk. They'll stare at you as if saying "What are you waiting for? I'm mentally communicating with you to carry me now."

I've had to carry my dog a couple of times simply because he was too tired to walk. The things they do to make people laugh. Seriously, it's like they were born to be unpaid jesters of the human world.

haopee, Jun 9, 2012
  3. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that's exactly what happened. The dog just doesn't want to walk. It wants to be carried. So it's trying to get its way by playing dead. Not too successfully, though.

Victor Leigh, Jun 9, 2012
  4. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Jack Russell's are something else, aren't they? I almost think this dog thinks it's hilarious. "Ha! Ha! Let everyone think you're being mean to me."

Misha was terrible on leash for about the first 6 months. She would not walk on 4 legs. She was always walking on her two hind legs pulling at the end of the leash as if we couldn't get where we were going fast enough. I think it was fear for the most part. For a while there, I thought I was training my dog to walk upright, which would have been very funny! She eventually got the hang of it. Now she's a pro.

Melody, Jun 9, 2012
  5. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol! Ours does this!!!

No, he doesn't do it while walking like that, but he does it any time he gets excited or hits carpet. I think he likes the feel of it scratching his back. I bet this dog gets the same sensation from the concrete sidewalk.

Jessi, Jun 10, 2012
  6. Melody

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Taking the dog for a quick walk would not be possible with this cute Jack Russell.Such a clown. :)
    Mishka enjoys having a sniff at everything and this can make a quick walk take much longer. I try to allow her to do as much sniffing as she wants but sometimes if it's cold or wet I have to be a little firm to get the walk completed.

argon_0, Jun 10, 2012
  7. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Jessi, that's funny. It almost sounds like Misha's obsession with grass.

Argon, sometimes I feel like I'm walking a bloodhound. Misha will pick up on a scent and she won't let it go. She will go slowly and smell every inch of the sidewalk. I'm practically dragging her. The only remedy is to cross the street and walk on the other side.

Melody, Jun 11, 2012
  8. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

That video was cute and funny. :p
    When I tried to walk our dog outside before, he was too scared and I am also not comfortable because of the stray dogs around.

zararina, Jun 12, 2012
  9. Melody

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think when we take our dogs out for walks, we should let the dogs really have a fun time sniffing things. It's something that brings a lot of pleasure to the dogs. I still remember, when Candy was younger and I took her out to the field nearby to do her business, she was more engrossed in checking things out.

Victor Leigh, Jun 12, 2012
Ask a Question