Do you get your dogs presents for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nick87, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nick87

Nick87 Well-Known Member

I admit I do...though they don't really know the difference from any other day, they still get something special. Either a new toy or a specialty cookie or bone. They're spoiled :p

Nick87, Nov 21, 2012
  2. Nick87

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh yes, definitely:D . My Homer always gets a special treat during Christmas. It makes him happy and it keeps him busy while we are dining and celebrating:p

claudine, Nov 21, 2012
  3. Nick87

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yep, we sure do! He always gets a new stuffed toy and usually his favorite treats. He probably doesn't know any different than other days either, but it's fun anyway. He sits with us while we open presents, too, so he gets to sniff all of those out and sometimes steal them.

Jessi, Nov 22, 2012
  4. Nick87

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Poor Mishka. I humbug Christmas.

argon_0, Nov 22, 2012
  5. Nick87

haopee Well-Known Member

Evuhl Dad!

As I've mentioned before... we will be getting a vet visit and a grooming coupon for this Christmas as everybody needs a good wash.

If giving my Shih Tzus a clipper so I could shear their fur and make them pretty, then I guess that's their Thanksgiving/ Christmas present especially since those are pretty expensive.:oops:

haopee, Nov 22, 2012
  6. Nick87

I can't imagine how angry my Homer would be if he got a present like this:p He hates grooming:p I'm always very embarrased when people see how dirty he is:oops:

claudine, Nov 22, 2012
  7. Nick87

haopee Well-Known Member

The more reason for you to have Homer groomed. LOL more often. As I've said, I am saving up for professional clippers which I could use for Chooey and Buchi so we don't have to bring them often to the vets to have them groomed.

The ones I've canvassed cost around $100-$120. It's not cheap but it would be beneficial in the long run.

There are Wahl clippers that cost a $50 if you're only into trimming and keeping Homer tidy. The $100 clippers are good for shaving all the fur and I'm sure you're not interested in doing that. LOL.

haopee, Nov 23, 2012
  8. Nick87

I'm sure Chooey and Buchi will look very pretty:) . Buying these professional clippers is a great idea:D . I don't have enough courage to groom my Homer by myself though. He bites and he fights:eek: . I only bathe him from time to time and I have him groomed only when it's absolutely necessary:p

claudine, Nov 23, 2012
  9. Nick87

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs don't like being groomed either. My dogs hate being bathed, but they're obedient enough where they'll let us do it (though they won't be happy about it, lol). My big dog loves being brushed though, but he doesn't need it since he has short fur. The little dog does need it with her long fur, but she hates it, but she tolerates us doing it when we do every few days.

Nick87, Nov 24, 2012
  10. Nick87

MakingCents Well-Known Member

We do. We even wrapped it up last year. He could smell the bone through the wrapping paper so he ripped it open. It was super cute!

MakingCents, Nov 24, 2012
  11. Nick87

pafjlh Well-Known Member

We have been known to get our dogs presents at Christmas. In recent years we haven't wrapped them up, but just gave it to them. Usually these are dog treats of some kind such a dog biscuits.

pafjlh, Nov 24, 2012
  12. Nick87

He didn't eat the wrapping paper?:p My Homer would, I'm sure he would. He once tried to eat a carrot in a plastic bag, fortunately I was able to stop him in time:eek:

claudine, Nov 24, 2012
  13. Nick87

MakingCents Well-Known Member

He may have tried to eat the paper if we hadn't been there. Although when he got ot the bone inside he took it and ran to his 'bone eating spot.'

MakingCents, Nov 25, 2012
  14. Nick87

bellahpereira Well-Known Member

Yes I do! I think it's the same as getting a gift for a younger relative, as I consider my pup to be part of the family. Although, I'm beginning to run out of ideas as to what to get. I usually get him a new bone - which he loves - but I've been doing it for 2 years now and for his birthday too so I'm thinking of getting him something new. He has plenty of toys though so I'm not sure what would be best. I have to say, it is hard to shop for pups, you never know what they're going to love and what they're going to hide under the bed :p

bellahpereira, Nov 26, 2012
  15. Nick87

With Homer it's easy - I just have to give him something edible and it's enough to make him beyond happy:D . Maybe buy Rafa some special dog cookies? My Homer loves them - but again, he loves everything:p . If Rafa is a picky eater, I'm sure it's not easy to find a perfect gift for him.

claudine, Nov 27, 2012
  16. Nick87

bellahpereira Well-Known Member

He is a picky eater, but he usually does like to receive edible things as a gift. Last year, I gave him a wrapped bone and he had a lot of fun ripping the wrapping off, but I didn't want to do the same this year. You're lucky that Homer is easily amused with food :p

bellahpereira, Dec 1, 2012
  17. Nick87

Lex Active Member

All of our dogs (and cats!) get Christmas gifts, every year. This year it was: Bil Jac PB-Nanas treats (for Bandit), a new set of tennis balls (for Dobby), a metal food bowl (for Dumbledore, the puppy with growing teeth that tore apart his plastic bowl), Nutro Natural Choice Chicken & Rice Biscuit treats (for Doris - a lady, who got some treats to improve her "senior health")! All of the gifts get put into their stockings and get given out, whenever our family opens presents. It's pretty much been a tradition since before I can remember. Hopefully, it'll always be that way!

Lex, Jan 9, 2013
Ask a Question