Do you flip your dog's ears back to place?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, May 19, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I know this only applies to certain breeds with floppy ears, but it always amuses me. It's like they don't even care when their ears are in the wrong spot! Do your ears hang low, do they wobble two and fro...

Jessi, May 19, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

I am actually doing the other way around. :p
    Our dog does not have such big ears but it can be flipped sometimes on its own and our dog can immediately set it back to place. When I am trying to play with our dog, I flip his ears since it looks cute and he will flip it back to its factory settings. LOL

zararina, May 20, 2012
  3. Jessi

King Browny Well-Known Member

Haha! I also do the same. It made me laugh to see them with that altered look. But sometimes they don’t find it funny that they would wiggle their head to restore their ears to normal.

King Browny, May 20, 2012
  4. Jessi

Mystique Active Member

Haha - I've seen that happened quite frequently to one of my MIL's dogs. My FIL would flip it back and yes, I do the same, as well. Dogs do look like they couldn't give two hoots if their ears were flipped back the wrong way.

Mystique, May 21, 2012
  5. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My Shih Tzu definitely likes his ears at the factory settings. If I flip them up, he would shake his head to get them back in place.

Victor Leigh, May 22, 2012
  6. Jessi

Ja'cobeC Member

It has become a habit to flip my dog's ear back into place. That is one thing I cannot stand is when my dog's ear is flipped backwards. It really bothers me a lot. So, it is kind of a habit of mine to make sure my dog's ear is not flipped backwards. She does not like it like that either, so she comes to me when she feels uncomfortable and rubs her head on my leg. When I she what she is doing I fix it.

Ja'cobeC, May 25, 2012
  7. Jessi

MakingCents Well-Known Member

Haha I think it loooks funny when my dog has one of his ears inside out. I do flip them back over for him but not after I get a chuckle.

MakingCents, May 25, 2012
  8. Jessi

I wonder if dogs feel pain or discomfort when their ears are flipped backwards. I just remember when my grandma flipped my ear it hurts. :p

King Browny, May 25, 2012
  9. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I mean when I flip my dog's ear to clean the inside, it didn't yelp with pain. It's just uncomfortable, that's all.

Victor Leigh, May 25, 2012
  10. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I believe this is an example of another dog who could use some help getting his ears back.... ;)

Jessi, May 26, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  11. Jessi

MakingCents Well-Known Member

hahaha that picture is making me laugh hysterically. I love big floppy eared dogs!

MakingCents, May 26, 2012
  12. Jessi

Nyahaha! Jessi that dog’s really funny. It just shows that it’s harder for dogs when their ears go forward than backward. :D

King Browny, May 27, 2012
Ask a Question