Do you dress your pet up for Halloween?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Pocs, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

I'm sure you can tell by my picture, absolutely ! He was a groom that year. I include my pets in every occasion. They don't mind the costumes, I think they like participating with the entire family. Now, with the kids grown they are the only ones I have to make costumes for. This year the boys will be dressed as cats. I thought it might be funny to watch other people's reactions.

Pocs, Aug 12, 2012
  2. Pocs

Jessi Well-Known Member

I don't dress ours up at all. I don't really like putting dogs in clothes and most don't seem to like it. If yours is okay with it, though, then that's pretty cool.

Jessi, Aug 13, 2012
  3. Pocs

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

We would dress our beagle up as a little devil and let her sit on the porch with us as we passed out candy. She was really chilled out and would let everyone pet her. Our other two dogs would go crazy every time some stranger showed up, it made it even worse that they were dressed up all scary. So we had to keep the other two dogs locked up in our garage or living room, with the radio/tv on loud so they wouldn't hear all the people coming over.

OhioTom76, Sep 24, 2012
  4. Pocs

pafjlh Well-Known Member

No, I don't dress my dogs up for Halloween. I have never really been into dressing up dogs although I know that there are those who enjoy doing this. As far as my dogs are concern they really don't like Halloween anyway. With the amount of people coming into our yard that they don't know, and they don't understand why their coming around.

pafjlh, Sep 26, 2012
  5. Pocs

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I suppose it would be kind of amusing to dress your dog up as a cat. :) I wonder if they would catch on, like if other dogs saw them and started laughing at them.

OhioTom76, Oct 12, 2012
  6. Pocs

Trellum Well-Known Member

No, but I'd like start doing that in the future. I think dressing up my dog and cat would be a really fun activity, specially for the children! Maybe I'll do it next year :)

Trellum, Apr 14, 2015
Ask a Question