Do you all own any other pets?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011.

1. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Do you all own any other pets?

I have 6 cats and only my 1 dog, he is my baby!

wahcashmom, Dec 14, 2011
  2. wahcashmom

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

I don't own any other pets. I have always wanted a fish but have never gotten one.
    I did want to get another dog but Oscar is so mean! I only have my 1 dog. Does your
    dog get along with all of those cats?

PuppyChow, Dec 14, 2011
  3. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

I do have one cat and glad he was a male cause if not, it probably more than a dozen now. Lol
    I used to have two fishes in my small aquarium but our cat had ate one and the other one had died maybe because of loneliness. :p

zararina, Dec 14, 2011
  4. wahcashmom

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

We have a chinchilla! Charlie is in a huge cage and has all the toys he can play with and chew.

LoupGarouTFTs, Dec 20, 2011
  5. wahcashmom

amy005 Well-Known Member

Yes, i have a cat as well. His name is Marley and he is part Siamese. Although I do not know what else he is. He is a great cat but can be very annoying at times. I prefer my dog lol.

amy005, Dec 20, 2011
  6. wahcashmom

King Browny Well-Known Member

I used to have a gray hamster. But my dog Browny is so angry with it that he ended up killing it. The awaited moment when Buddy (my hamster) escaped his cage, Browny rushed into it, catch it in his mouth then maybe when he felt it’s not moving anymore, just spit it out and return to his nap. Just like that. And I never acquire another hamster again.

King Browny, Dec 21, 2011
  7. wahcashmom

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Goodness, what a horrible ending for the hamster. I can't imagine what the hamster had done to make your dog so angry. Perhaps your dog hated mice and the hamster looked like a mouse to him.

Victor Leigh, Dec 26, 2011
  8. wahcashmom

That must be the case. I actually thought it’s simply their nature to get angry, actually, be furious with mouse. My brother also had dormouse and kangaroo mouse. He has to put them far from our dog’s reach because I think it triggers the predator in them. They would jump for the cage. They won’t really eat a mouse though. In fact, I think they also want it for a toy because one time, one of our pet dogs caught a house mouse. He would then be kicking the dead mouse and would run back and forth and kick it again.

King Browny, Dec 26, 2011
  9. wahcashmom

aimend13 Active Member

I have two dogs, but as my parents are divorced I have them in two separate houses. I also have a Chinese dwarf hamster that I share with my college roommate. His name is Beijing. We got him at the beginning of the school year last year because we both wanted a living creature to love. He's super tiny and adorable, but I do wish we could cuddle with him. Obviously that's not an option as he'd be sure to run away. I also would love to have a chinchilla or bunny. Both look super adorable!

aimend13, Dec 27, 2011
  10. wahcashmom

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

I love my chinchilla, but he's not a cuddly sort of animal. I can't hold him the way I would a puppy or a kitten (at least, not for very long), but he is very soft and I love to pet him. I think he's a great low-maintenance pet--and even better, when they receive good care they can live up to about 20 years. I highly recommend them as pets for people who don't have the time to train a dog, prefer an animal a bit less independent than a cat, and still want a pet to keep them company.

LoupGarouTFTs, Jan 6, 2012
  11. wahcashmom

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I have three cats in addition to my five dogs! It's never dull around my household that is for sure! Our latest addition, Bella, is the one in the picture of my avatar she is a manx kitten. LOL Well, she was before I changed my avatar.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 23, 2012
  12. wahcashmom

SallyintheValley Well-Known Member

I really am not the dog owner here, I write about my daughter's 3 dogs...and I have 2 cats.

SallyintheValley, Jan 28, 2012
  13. wahcashmom

Here are these little guys.

0_437408268l.jpg "Who's there?" "Don't worry. It's just your friendly neighborhood kangaroo mice, Jack and Jill."

0_775006438l.jpg Jill at the back: "Haha. Sorry, Jack. 'Can't resist the camera."

0_985713935l.jpg "Please, don't hurt me, Jack. I won't play extra in your photo shoot again."

37011836916691l.jpg "Let's play angry dog again tomorrow. Good night, dog!"

37011817537664l.jpg Breathe in fresh air. "Good morning, dog! It's time to ruin your day." :D

King Browny, Feb 20, 2012
    summerRain likes this.
  14. wahcashmom

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Oh, my! Those little guys wouldn't last long around my house! Dachshunds are varmint dogs! I've actually woke up and found a dead mouse in the floor where somebody tortured the little guy to death and then left him there for me to find. My dogs are actually better at getting mice than my cats are.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 20, 2012
  15. wahcashmom

Uh-oh. I hope they didn't see the pictures otherwise they could have scratched your monitor. It’s really a mystery how dogs hated mouse. I actually think they see it as a meal. Like in, I think, that’s in White Fang, the pup sees this little bird hopping and well, his instinct told him that its food thus he aimed to snag it.

King Browny, Feb 21, 2012
  16. wahcashmom

mustangsaguaro Member

Living out in the country we not only have a dog, but I also have 2 cats, 2 horses and about 30 chickens. There are 2 breeds that I am concentrating on Ameraucana's (they lay the blue/blue green egg) and silkies. I am planning on showing and hopefully selling many chicks and started birds.

mustangsaguaro, Feb 21, 2012
  17. wahcashmom

You have a Mustang for a horse? I take the idea from your name.

King Browny, Feb 22, 2012
  18. wahcashmom

mustangsaguaro Member

Yes, I have an adopted BLM mustangs who is 23 now. I got him when he was 5. I also have a mustang cross. So you were correct to assume I own a mustang horse.

mustangsaguaro, Feb 24, 2012
    King Browny likes this.
  19. wahcashmom

summerRain Well-Known Member

I love horses too! Too bad I am not living in a farm just like you mustangsaguaro. How about if you buy a mustang fastback car to complete your collection? :)

summerRain, Feb 24, 2012
  20. wahcashmom

What's BLM, sir(ma'm?)? I only know mustang. Haha! And wow, 23 years old. How old is that in human years?

King Browny, Feb 28, 2012
Ask a Question