DIY dog clothes

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've been making my girl's clothes since two years ago :) This is the first time I take pictures of that though ;) I think I've perfected the technique a bit more since my last attempt. By the way, I sew it with my own hands :p Our sewing machine is broken, and we won't be getting a new one anytime soon :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We tried buying winter clothes for her, but the things were too thin and didn't last long enough! She likes to spend a lot time outside.

Trellum, Oct 27, 2015
    IcyBC and claudine like this.
  2. Trellum

Janet Ford Active Member

Darling sweater. Wish I had talent like that. Sweet pup. I used to have a mini schnauzer when I was young. How I miss that dog ....

Janet Ford, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Wow, Trellum, you're very talented! Your girl looks lovely:D How long did it take you to make it?
    I've never made Homer clothes, but he has two warm sweaters made by my mom.

claudine, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Trellum, I am so proud of you. I was thinking to make the girl some underwear at least or just something but I am so terrible with sewing not to mention I got really busy recently. I am so proud of you. Lovely sweater...very.

Winterybella, Oct 28, 2015
  5. Trellum

Thank you :) Can you believe it only took me 4 weeks or so... all by hand? I had done 2 before this one, so I kinda knew better this time :) It was fun. She wouldn't let me measure her (she'd try to take the measuring tape) so I just made an approximate calc. Well, turned out great. It was just the perfect size, hardest part was cutting the holes for the sleeves..

Trellum, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Trellum

Thank you :) Do you really think I can say I am talented with crafty things? :) Well, I think it took me 4 weeks, could have been less. The hardest part is cutting the pieces. I cut the sleeves and sew them, and the I cut a rectangle :p 46 cm long or so, just to make sure I have spare cloth. So I took it from there :) I plan to make another one when I've more time, a purple one :) Hardest part was cutting the holes for the sleeves! I could have ruined everything if I had cut the holes too low or too high.

Trellum, Oct 28, 2015
  7. Trellum

Thank you, Janet. I think of it more like coat ;) It has buttons on the belly area, and also one on the neck. It has actually been one of my most ambitious sewing projects so far.

Trellum, Oct 28, 2015
    Janet Ford likes this.
  8. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Oh @Trellum that is a fantastic sweater! Do you know one likes that would be listed at least $40 dollars in the store? I think you have something going there, you could make some more and listed to sell online. Make to fit kind of thing, seriously!

IcyBC, Nov 2, 2015
  9. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

You definitely are talented with crafty things!:D This dog coat is perfect. I can sew a little, remodel old clothes, narow a top or shorten a skirt, but I don't think I could make a dog coat. It sounds very difficult.

claudine, Nov 2, 2015
Ask a Question