Disposing of the waste

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Winterybella, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Winterybella

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Recently I mentioned elsewhere that dogs are or were banned from our beautiful beaches. I'll have to check it our more thoroughly, but I was stopped a few years back when I ventured on the beach with one of my dogs.As I remember it The guard told me, the ministry of health had tapeworm cases that prompted the decision.

It all came down to people not dealing with the feces correctly. What are the laws in your country about waste disposal?

Winterybella, Oct 5, 2015
  2. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Around here we just pick up the feces and throw them in the garbage. Since Capone is a good size dog, we can't leave them around in the yard, but my neighbor has never picked up from his two tiny Chihuahuas, which I think it's gross, but each his own, as long as I don't have to smell them.

IcyBC, Oct 9, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  3. Winterybella

I've heard some around here talk about it being manure for the earth but I got to reading and that's not the case at all. I actually read somewhere that there is can be disease and other harmful bacteria for both human and dogs. My culture has to change it's thinking about these matters.

Winterybella, Oct 9, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. Winterybella

Trellum Well-Known Member

As far as I know dogs are not allowed at the beaches in NL. Not sure about my country, I guess dogs can walk freely in the beaches, but I am sure some resorts avoid that! I don't think that is the case with public beaches.

Trellum, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Winterybella

IcyBC Well-Known Member

You are actually right about the disease that dog's feces can cause to both humans and dogs! Those turds are also attracting rats and other disease carrying animals to your yard. I can't stand irresponsible owners who don't pick up after their dogs!

IcyBC, Oct 15, 2015
  6. Winterybella

These days I am super scared and careful because there has some confusion especially where I come from but the spread of disease seems reasonable accept as being true. I recall seeing a guy on the highway walking with a bag and scooping up the poop as he went along. He lived in England for a long time so I suppose that's what obtained there. Once when I was walking my dogs and picking up after him, a gentleman remarked that he never sees that.

Over here it's the few rather than the many that really do the right things. I like to think that I am with the few.

Winterybella, Oct 15, 2015
  7. Winterybella

claudine Well-Known Member

According to the law, we should pick up the feces and throw them in the garbage, but most people here don't do it. It's pretty annoying:rolleyes: I always pick up after Homer.

claudine, Oct 16, 2015
  8. Winterybella

The dogs that run wild sometimes used to come and poop on my property every morning and the owner would just leave it. It's so common for people to take their dogs walking just to poop wherever. It's quite disgusting but some seem to be doing the right things.

Winterybella, Oct 22, 2015
Ask a Question