Dexter the dog rescued after 30 foot quarry fall

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Evilsprinkles, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Evilsprinkles

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Story here

There's a comment at the bottom of the story about people who might say 'he's just a pet', and I'm inclined to agree, these dogs aren't just our pets. They're our heart and soul.

I will honestly admit I'd be panicking if that happened to my dogs.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 13, 2012
    Johanna likes this.
  2. Evilsprinkles

claudine Well-Known Member

Poor Dexter, it must have been very scary for him. I'm so glad that they managed to rescue him! I think that people, who say: 'he's just a pet' don't have dogs. If they did, they would change their mind:) .

claudine, Oct 13, 2012
    Johanna likes this.
  3. Evilsprinkles

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Say what? This person who had the nerve to say its just a pet obviously doesn't know first hand what a dog or any other pet can mean to a household. They become part of your family, you love them just as much as any family member. I am glad that Dexter was rescued, and that his owner loved him enough to see that this would happen. Of course they did, for any dog owner, our dogs are more then just a pet.

pafjlh, Oct 13, 2012
    Johanna likes this.
  4. Evilsprinkles

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Dogs are not just a pet they are a friend and a part of the family. Glad to hear this story had a happy ending, I would be in a state of panic if anything like this ever happened to one of my dogs. We already rescued our second dog when she was hit by a truck. I though for sure she wasn't going to make it, we had her laying in a laundry basket filled with soft blankets, keeping an eye on her. We were so relieved when she recovered.

OhioTom76, Oct 15, 2012
    Johanna likes this.
  5. Evilsprinkles

pilot2fly Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'd do if my dog were in that situation. I would be so scared. Just imagine how they feel. I'm sure it wasn't a fun experience at all.

pilot2fly, Oct 16, 2012
  6. Evilsprinkles

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Anyone who says a dog or a cat, or ANY pet is 'just a pet', has obviously never owned one with love or affection. Some people have them that shouldn't, they're the ones who mistreat, abuse and keep them for breeding purposes only. It's those people, and people who just won't keep them in the first place, who make stupid comments like 'it's just a pet'.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 17, 2012
  7. Evilsprinkles

Johanna Well-Known Member

:(

Johanna, Mar 28, 2016
  8. Evilsprinkles

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I can't imagine how the dog must feel going through such a nightmare! And most of all, I can't fathom the thought that a human being with a heart could be so cruel!

IcyBC, Apr 13, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  9. Evilsprinkles

remnant Well-Known Member

Some people are emotionally detached from their pets treating them like just any other animal grossly betraying them in their hour of need. They wouldn't go the extra mile to rescue their pet. I saw one case of a cow that fell into a dry water well and it survived. Its bellows at the bottom broke my heart. The only recourse for the owners was to slaughter it. I would try hook line and sinker to save a dog in such an emergency since they are least likely to abandon us in times of need.

remnant, Jun 16, 2016
Ask a Question