Dennis The Dachshund Loses 44 Pounds, Doesn't Eat Burgers And Pizza Anymore

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Woah! Look at that doggy! He was huge, but now he is so slim! After seeing those before and after pictures, I have really started to believe that losing weight is possible for everyone, as long as there is perseverance!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ht-loss-photos_n_6863800.html?utm_hp_ref=dogs

Trellum, Mar 18, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm happy for him. I'm sure he's much healthier now.
    Nothing annoys me as much as people who feed their dogs fast food and sweets:confused:

claudine, Mar 18, 2015
  3. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Oh dear Jesus. There is hope for me yet.:)

Winterybella, Mar 18, 2015
  4. Trellum

wahmed Active Member

I don't get it! Who on earth would be stupid enough to give dogs pizza and burgers. What would posses them. That food was not made for them

wahmed, Mar 20, 2015
  5. Trellum

Unfortunately, many people share their food with dogs:( They forget how unhealthy it is. Animals shouldn't consume salt and sugar. The truth is that burgers aren't good for anyone:(

claudine, Mar 20, 2015
  6. Trellum

On a more serious note, I am just reading the story in total. This was quite a sad situation, an I have to wonder what the person who feed the dog looked like. When I had taken only a quick look at the first photo having been drawn to the thread because of the weight question, I honestly thought it was a homeless dog was rescued or something like that.

I did not realise it had a "home" and had to saved from it. I actually feel bad I joked about it although I need to lose just as much weight. It's terrible what this person allowed to happen to the poor dog.

I am glad the dog is lighter and healthier. And yes, there is sill hope for me on a serious note.

Winterybella, Mar 20, 2015
  7. Trellum

Yeah, he was feed burgers and pizza, when I read that line alone I couldn't help to think: ''Well, no wonder he was fat as heck!!! He ate burgers and pizzas!!!! I'm sure the owner didn't mean bad, it's just it is very likely her own diet is like that, so she might not know better. I really think so. She must be very overweight, just like her dog is.

Trellum, Mar 21, 2015
  8. Trellum

I think so too. People often share their favorite foods with their dogs, because they want them to be happy. Sometimes it's just too hard to say 'no'. My Homer always begs for everything I eat.

claudine, Mar 21, 2015
  9. Trellum

Do you ever give in? I have this problem with my girls and it's made Zola especially greedy. I had to make a concerted effort to stop giving her any of my food but I have to be honest: it often does not work. The new kid in town seems to be a class of her own. She makes Zola look like a contented little one.

Winterybella, Mar 22, 2015
  10. Trellum

Yeah, I think that is what happened. But once you give in once odds are the dog keeps on begging everyone every time they eat. That is why I try not to give in, otherwise I know my girl will be all over everyone next time we get visits and they start to eat. But yeah, sometimes it's so hard to say no :(

Trellum, Mar 22, 2015
  11. Trellum

Winterybella - I've never given Homer fast food. When I plan to eat something unhealthy, I always give him carrots:)
    Trellum - Dogs can be really stubborn:) They don't take no for an answer;) My father once shared his food with Homer and now Homer always sits next to him when he's having dinner.

claudine, Mar 22, 2015
  12. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Wow, he looked so unhealthy before and I am glad someone with a healthy attitude brought him back. Now, he looked so fantastic and healthy.

IcyBC, Nov 8, 2015
Ask a Question