Costco Brand Dog Food?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by mkCampbell, Nov 20, 2014.

1. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Member

Has anyone tried Costco brand dog food? I think the label is "Kirklands" We have a dog with thyroid issues, on meds, and weight control is an issue despite meds, exercise, and a very strict diet. We've joined Costco and they have a weight management food and was wondering about it. Any insight on the brand would be appreciated.

mkCampbell, Nov 20, 2014
  2. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Member

I thought a follow up would be worth posting. We tried the Costco brand / Kirklands dog food and our oldest dog loves it. The package is huge so we put half in the food container at a time. Our second dog was less happier about the change but know seems to enjoy it. The weight issue was my main concern and I've notice no weight gain since the change.

mkCampbell, Jan 3, 2015
  3. mkCampbell

Trellum Well-Known Member

Kirklands is a good brand :) We tried it once because it was so cheap, we also wanted to make the most of that one visit, because someone was kind enough to lend the id to get in to us :) It's a shame, we haven't bought the membership (other priorities) bt their dog food seem s to be rather good. My frida liked it!

Trellum, Jul 19, 2015
  4. mkCampbell

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I haven't try Costco brand because I don't have the membership. It's good to know that Kirkland is a good name and it is affordable. I bought my dog food from Amazon, and it is delivery right to the door so I don't have to carry the heavy bag :)

IcyBC, Jul 20, 2015
Ask a Question