Cop shuts down highway to save a small dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by shdws, Feb 14, 2013.

1. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

shdws, Feb 14, 2013
    SweetBeast and claudine like this.
  2. shdws

zararina Well-Known Member

Definitely that cop is a dog lover or a animal lover in general.
    It was nice to hear or know stories like that.

zararina, Feb 15, 2013
  3. shdws

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Well, I think its quite obvious that this cop is indeed a dog lover. But as said above he is also a hero. Its nice to read this kind of story, especially in the wake of reading another story that was posted here about a week ago, where a dog was hit on the free way and its only rescuer another dog. That's right no one stopped to help the poor dog, it took another dog to help drag him out of the middle of the street and out of the way of ongoing traffic. So, hearing about this cop taking the time to do the humane thing to help a dog is nice to hear about. More people need to realize that dogs are living creatures as well, and they are there for us, so we should be there for them.

pafjlh, Feb 15, 2013
  4. shdws

claudine Well-Known Member

Reading about this made me smile, it's such a lovely story, it's wonderful to hear there are people like this cop. What he did was amazing:D

claudine, Feb 15, 2013
  5. shdws

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Nice tale. Always our dread to think our pooches would wander off and come to a violent end. Well done officer Jones. Something he can be proud of. :)

argon_0, Feb 16, 2013
  6. shdws

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh yes, losing a dog would be a complete nightmare. I'm always scared of it. I know I wouldn't be able to sleep nor to eat if I didn't know if my Homer is safe. Officer Jones must be a dog owner too:) . Dog owners understand each other:)

claudine, Feb 16, 2013
  7. shdws

Jessi Well-Known Member

That's so awesome that he stopped traffic for it. I can only imagine how distraught the owners were while they were looking for him. Everybody involved was quite lucky. <3

Jessi, Feb 16, 2013
  8. shdws

jowjo5 Active Member

Very nice story to start my day as I sit here with my boy Bosco.

Indeed it is nice to read a story about good things instead of the bad stuff we hear regularly. I try to find things that are good out there often to give my brain some happy food!

Thanks for posting that. Awesome way to begin my day.

jowjo5, Feb 17, 2013
  9. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. I often worry about my dog wandering off into danger. I'm glad there are people out there, like this officer, who will do the right thing to save his life.

shdws, Feb 20, 2013
  10. shdws

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

shdws, thanks so much for this heartwarming story! My neighbor is a CHP(California Highway Patrol officer) & he & his partner did a similar thing on the freeway near my home - they blocked off the, freeway, & chased it on foot, to the off ramp & made sure the dog didn't Nice going
    Mike !

SweetBeast, Feb 20, 2013
  11. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

That's awesome SweetBeast! I hope you let them now what great people they are.

shdws, Feb 22, 2013
  12. shdws

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

this is awesome. You hear so many stories of cops shooting dogs when they enter properties without regard its about time there is an actual story of one being saved by them.

lifeliveson, Mar 22, 2013
  13. shdws

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Ah, there is hope yet for this world. In the midst of all the cruelty and fighting and killing, it's really good to know that there are still human beings who have a heart. I think this story should be read to all the kids. Many times. So that they will grow up being human beings with a heart.

Victor Leigh, Mar 23, 2013
Ask a Question