Cooling collars

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Pocs, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

Recently I purchased cooling collars for my dogs to help with the heat of these summer days. One is like a gel pack you but into the freezer then slip it inside the collar. The other is a lined pocket that's on the inside of the collar that you fill with ice cubes. I think they both work great. The dogs don't seem to mind wearing the collars, infact when it's extremely hot I think they enjoy it. Have you tried them? What do you and your dog think of them?

Pocs, Aug 16, 2012
  2. Pocs

nikki Well-Known Member

No I havent tried them but it sounds heavenly. Do they make them in matching human and dog styles? Haha JK, it sounds like a wonderful idea. Can you tell me where you found it?

nikki, Aug 16, 2012
  3. Pocs

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh that's really cool (no pun intended, lol). I really like similar things for humans that have the gel packs in bandanas or headbands. I can imagine why the dogs would enjoy the same thing in their collars.

Jessi, Aug 17, 2012
  4. Pocs

AutumnFaith2012 Active Member

I haven't tried these yet. Actually, I didn't realize they existed. I've seen something similar for humans....yes, they actually have cooling type neck throws or scarfs for people! I bet my dogs would love them! Where do you get them?? Me and my boys are outside a lot and in the summer they get hot fast. I usually take bottled water with me everywhere and keep them hydrated and cool. The collars would definitely help!!

AutumnFaith2012, Sep 2, 2012
  5. Pocs

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Sep 3, 2012
  6. Pocs

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I have never heard of these, and yet I would be very interested in finding out more about them. I live in Phoenix, AZ and summers here can be brutal. Our two dogs have to come in for periods of time during this time of year in order to keep them from getting heat stroke. We also put ice in their water, but I have never heard of a cooling collar, I will definitely look into this product, thank you for recommending it.

pafjlh, Sep 7, 2012
  7. Pocs

claudine Well-Known Member

I've never heard of cooling collars. It sounds great - but not for my dog unfortunately. He hates everything that reminds him of clothing. He would probably wallow all the time.

claudine, Sep 9, 2012
Ask a Question