Concern grows as cases of dog flu rise in Chicago area

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Wow, isn't it scary? It seems every week there is something new going on in the US... a threatening virus or bacteria...

http://www.examiner.com/article/concern-grows-as-cases-of-dog-flu-rise-chicago-area

Trellum, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This is really scary! I hope this virus won't spread to Europe. When Homer doesn't feel well, I don't feel well either. I couldn't focus on anything when he had a cold.

claudine, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

It is scary. I guess as there are outbreaks with humans there are also outbreaks in the canine community. Sometimes I will hear one of the girls seemingly coming down with something but usually it never lasts long. It has happened sometimes after a bath and I worry I did not dry them well enough . Then I have made the observation sometimes after they got a little rain on them, always one more than the other. I hope these dogs are treated for the flu and we don't have to lose any.

Winterybella, Apr 3, 2015
  4. Trellum

Don't worry, Clauds! I read somewhere this virus is not something as scary or as news as they want us to believe, so don't worry, I'm sure this isn't going to turn into some kind of pandemic.

Trellum, Apr 4, 2015
  5. Trellum

Winterybella - I don't let Homer go outside right after a bath. I always make sure his hair is dry. This way I know he won't catch a cold:)
    Trellum - This is good to know, I won't worry anymore:)

claudine, Apr 4, 2015
  6. Trellum

I try my best and even tried the hair dryer but they did not like that much. I guess it's like with humans. We don't walk around with our bodies or our hair damp as we likely will catch something. I was wondering if I should bathe them different days as there are now four of them.

Winterybella, Apr 5, 2015
  7. Trellum

Bathing them on different days sounds like a really good idea!:)
    My Homer loves having his hair blow dried. I think the warmth relaxes him. He always lies down and closes his eyes when I turn the blow dryer on:)

claudine, Apr 5, 2015
  8. Trellum

Zola runs when it comes time for baths period. It is one of the few times she runs from me. Remy is pretty good with baths but from the time the dryer starts, she is looking to pee her pants. She is also the one who stands out as being stuffy after. Reba the big dog stays well for baths but I dry her with a towel. I should probably try her with a dryer but working with them all the same time is a trip. The new kid Ginger is a easy bathe and dry.

Winterybella, Apr 5, 2015
  9. Trellum

Like Zola, Homer hates being bathed. He always tries to run away from me when I want to put him in water.
    So I don't bathe him often.
    However, he sometimes gets wet when it's raining;)

claudine, Apr 6, 2015
  10. Trellum

bwell New Member

Interesting, I wonder what strand of flu/virus this is..

bwell, Apr 6, 2015
  11. Trellum

Looks like the virus is spreading beyond the city, things are looking a bit grim, but so is in the rest of the US. It seems the country is being attacked by many different nasty viruses, mostly affecting humans.. at least that we know of...

Trellum, Apr 27, 2015
  12. Trellum

Fortunately, Europe seems safe. There are no dangerous dog flu viruses here. Homer got sick two weeks ago, but it wasn't anything serious. He's fine now:)

claudine, May 1, 2015
  13. Trellum

Yes, I think the biggest advantage Europe has over America is the fact that Europe doesn't have a problem with feral cats and dogs. That is a huge advantage if you ask me :)

Trellum, May 2, 2015
  14. Trellum

That's true. There are no feral dogs here, at least not in my country. I've seen a few feral cats on my street, but our neighbor takes a really good care of them, they're never hungry.

claudine, May 2, 2015
  15. Trellum

Yeah, so far I haven't seen feral dogs or cats in the European countries I've been in the past =D I think that helps a lot, so I'd not worry too much about it :) The US has a huge problem tho, maybe if they charged tax to dog owners like they do in the Netherlands, maybe that would help a lot? You know, they'd be more responsible dog owners out there.

Trellum, May 3, 2015
Ask a Question