Coffee Cake in a mug

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Found another great mug recipe recently and felt like sharing it :) I've this thing for mug cakes ;) They're perfect when you are craving cake, but you don't want to bake or buy a whole cake. This one looks delicious, don't you think?

[​IMG]

http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com/coffee-cake-in-a-mug/

Trellum, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Trellum

joycemcgregor Active Member

this does look very good,, and you cannot go wrong with anything that has chocolate in it. I am diabetic, but I am sure I could produce something like this by substituting Splenda for the white and the brown sugar that is in the recipe. Just no glaze on it. I am always looking for something different for breakfast and this plus a cup of coffee looks delicious.

joycemcgregor, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Trellum

So sorry to hear you are diabetic :( But yeah, I think this recipe would also be good if you used Splenda on it instead of all that sugar, if I look back I do think this recipe has a lot sugar, hehehehe! Let me know how it goes if you decide to give this one a try.

Trellum, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

This will go so good with my coffee right now! You know how to tempt a girl, Trellum :)

IcyBC, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Trellum

Life is short, we should enjoy, it girl ;) like to indulge a bit with this kind of things from time to time, it makes me feel more alive ;) If you hae all the ingredients at home go ahead and do it ;) I have almost all, minus the powdered sugar, but who needs icing, right?

Trellum, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Trellum

anadrotowski Member

Man, that looks awesome! I can't wait to try this out!

anadrotowski, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Trellum

If you do try it then let me know, I have yet to try this one simply because I am missing some ingredients and I've been feeling kinda lazy lately. In my opinion this sounds like a really good mug cake recipe, but you never know with mug cake recipes... until you test 'em, of course.

Trellum, Aug 20, 2015
  8. Trellum

anadrotowski Member

Yeah, I'll definitely give it a try very soon! I've had some mug brownies before and they were actually pretty good!

anadrotowski, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Trellum

Cool :) I've met very few people who have something positive to say about any kind of mug cake, lol. I've had a couple good ones as well :) Perfect for when the craving strikes!

Trellum, Aug 21, 2015
  10. Trellum

Tomi Active Member

Certainly a must try, this one! I am a sucker for chocolate cake and will definitely try this one out.

Tomi, Sep 4, 2015
  11. Trellum

@Tomi This is a coffee cake, not a chocolate one ;) But there are plenty of chocolate mug cake recipes out there ,actually there are loads of them, lol. It's the most common mug cake there is :p

Trellum, Sep 5, 2015
  12. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Aint that the truth about you liking to indulge a bit. This one looks good. Don't think I saw this one before but you know my stories with failed "muggers". I am thinking to try a few in this crazy hot weather.

Winterybella, Sep 6, 2015
  13. Trellum

@Winterybella i tried it some days ago, and it's very good :) But it all depends on the flour you use, and also your microwave. I think this kind of recipes produce a lot mixed results because no microwave seems to be the, at least in terms of potency.

Trellum, Sep 6, 2015
  14. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

These mug cakes are delicious. I have been making a lot of different ones but this one never. I love coffee and i can't wait to try this one. I know few people who really never try my mug cakes and they say it is because they believe it cannot be baked well.i am not sure they understand the basics of microwaves but it is their loss.

Djordje87, Dec 2, 2015
Ask a Question