Chasing tail

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Jessi, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

We see it in the cartoons all the time.... A dog chasing its own tail, around and around in circles.

Have you ever seen your dog actually do this, though?

Jessi, Sep 25, 2012
  2. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

My dog has never done this. It's a shame because I'd love to see him trying, it must look hilarious:p . I'm pretty sure I've never seen any dog doing this though.

claudine, Sep 25, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I didn't answer my own question....

I have seen it before. It's usually when the dog has fleas or something on their tail and they're trying to "catch it" in order to chew on it. Before you know it, they're running in circles because they can't quite get to it.

Jessi, Sep 25, 2012
  4. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

To be honest I have never seen any of my dogs go around in circles trying to catch their tails. I have seen dog go around in a circle once or twice before lying down. My sister and I use to wonder why Rocky would do this when we would bring him into the house, but thought maybe it was a dogs way of surveying the area before lying down.

pafjlh, Sep 27, 2012
Ask a Question