Charlie & Nita - get your tissues ready

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SweetBeast, Dec 12, 2012.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

I saw this when it originally ran on TV - I cried then & as many times as I watch it, I cry. And now, a few more years have passed since I saw it last & yes, tears flood my eyes over this love story that has to end.....

And how anyone could slaughter them, for a little ivory is senseless & tragic....

SweetBeast, Dec 12, 2012
  2. SweetBeast

tajnz Well-Known Member

I think it's incredibly sad when people hurt or kill animals, especially for profit. It sickens me. As humans we should be protecting animal species. Thanks for posting these videos, I love seeing the special bond individuals have with animals. I was really amazed to see these two go through the routine they used to perform together. The saying is true "an elephant never forgets".

tajnz, Dec 14, 2012
    SweetBeast likes this.
  3. SweetBeast

Yes tajnz, this proves of an elephant's amazing memory ! And as you say, they do their routine as if no time had passed, yet many years had indeed separated them.

But also bittersweet as Charlie never would see Nita again, until they both arrive in Heaven.....

There is no love like someone has with an animal, their pet - it's true, lasting, loyal love

Thank you for your comment tajnz :)

SweetBeast, Dec 14, 2012
  4. SweetBeast

zararina Well-Known Member

It is really great to see old good friends and still have that kind of connection or bond to each other.
    Sad that even there are laws against ivory trade, there are still cases about it.

zararina, Dec 25, 2012
  5. SweetBeast

Yes it is zararina, on both points. There are existing laws & these ignorant people have the same mindset of those that clear cut forests. They do so for the moment, not the long term. So let's kill hundreds of Rhinos & Elephants for now & forget about the possible extinction of them. Then these great creatures would never again walk on this earth.....

SweetBeast, Dec 27, 2012
Ask a Question