Cats giving dog massages

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There is no way my dog would lay still enough for that, I don't think. He does get along with the cat and they both play together and fall asleep together....but for a massage? I don't think so!

Jessi, Jun 13, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Those dogs looks really relaxed! LOL
    My cat tried to massage my legs but it bit hurts so I would not allow it. :p
    Our dog and cat are not that close so that scene is not possible.

zararina, Jun 14, 2012
  3. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

It's interesting that cats seem to be able to do massaging so naturally. I know that at least one of mine can do it. And he does it when he needs to be fed. I did once have a dog and a cat that grew up together and were inseparable buddies but I haven't seen the cat massaging the dog ever. Maybe it does that while I am asleep.

Victor Leigh, Jun 14, 2012
  4. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

Wow, when I saw the heading I thought perhaps there would be a picture with a cat that appeared to give a dog a massage. So I was surprised to see the cute gifs featuring cats actually giving their canine siblings massages. :D I wish I could train my cat to give me a back massage like that after a long stressful day. I know it's probably not the best idea as cats have sharp claws though. ;)

tajnz, Jul 4, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

My kitty used to massage my belly. She was declawed and liked laying on my tummy, so she'd knead the area before laying down and it felt so weird. It was hard not to giggle sometimes because it'd get ticklish. I certainly wouldn't have complained if she did it to my back instead.

Jessi, Jul 4, 2012
  6. Jessi

NewDCD Well-Known Member

I always love pictures in which dogs and cats get along. So I freaking adore this <3

NewDCD, Jul 4, 2012
  7. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

You do? Here's something to make you happy:
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Jul 5, 2012
    firelily99 likes this.
  8. Jessi

firelily99 Well-Known Member

Cats are good masseuses , its a natural movement of them to kneed on each other or where they want to lay down. I think most dogs would lay still for something like that and really enjoy the feeling of it.

firelily99, Apr 16, 2014
  9. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the picture in the first post doesn't show up for me, but I found this adorable gif:

[​IMG]

It's super cute, isn't it?
    My Homer hates cats more than anything in this world, so he would never let them massage him:p

claudine, Nov 10, 2014
Ask a Question