Catnip!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

A very interesting info graph, I'm sure the members who also own a cat will find it interesting. I had always wondered how catnip worked every since I heard about it.

[​IMG]

Trellum, Sep 14, 2015
  2. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I laugh out loud seeing the word "catnip"! Not because I have any bad intention, but as you know, catnip has me scolded on another forum :)

My friend's cat loves catnip and she always made a bag of it for her cat. I have some catnip growing around the yard but don't know where they came from! I usually plugged them out since I don't want to encourage the stray cats in the neighborhood coming to my yard to use as a litter box. Many people around here have cats, and they just let the cats roam.

IcyBC, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Trellum

Oh lol, yeah! I remember ;) Luckily no meanies over here ;) Some people take themselves and everything too seriously, they need to relax more. That is why I stepped in and replied right under that person's comment xD

Oh no, so they use it as a public litter box? That is one of the reasons i don't feel like growing it in my yard. I know my cat would love it, but everyone here let their cats roam free :/

Trellum, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think the rules should be the same for cat owners as they are for dogs! I don't understand why people would have a cat or cats and allow them to roam the street day and night like the ones we have in our neighborhood. I would be worried about what they eat and the diseases they might contracting roaming out there.

IcyBC, Sep 16, 2015
  5. Trellum

@IcyBC That is my same thought, hence i don't let my cat out, that and because that neighborhood is dangerous. But I know a lot people who do let their cats out... they are too lazy to clean the littler box, so they let the cat out. I think it's gross and so unhealthy. My in laws do the same, their cat caught and ate a lot field mice... and guess what? One day while standing on the table was their cat (I was there too, thankfully I didn't see the worms) my MIL approached the cat with a piece of paper... yes, there were worms sticking out its butt. I didn't see it, because she removed that fast with a tissue.

After seeing that I knew I should never let my cat wander, that convinced me even more.

Trellum, Sep 16, 2015
  6. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

There are lots of field mice around here, and rats too since there are plenty of trash in the city! I am sure when cats are left to care for themselves days and nights, they have to find food and water throughout the day and night.

Eww..worms? Yuck! Can you imagine what kind of disease that cat is carrying into the house? That is disgusting!

IcyBC, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Trellum

Johanna Well-Known Member

Our cat doesn't react to catnip

Johanna, Apr 15, 2016
  8. Trellum

mikaelathompson Member

My cat is dancing whenever she play around with the catnip, when she bites and smell and the drugs kicks in, my cat drool level is getting high.

mikaelathompson, Jun 30, 2018
Ask a Question