Cat or dog person?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

If you are not sure about it, then take a look at this chart. It's full with some really interesting info bits that you might find interesting, specially if you are in doubt whether you are a cat or dog person! By the way, i love both, but i am defenitel a cat person ;)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I am a dog person for sure, and I can take bunny plus a load of others little creatures but not cat. My family is allergic to cats. Sometimes we saw beautiful cats at the shelter, but we just can't have them.

IcyBC, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Trellum

Oh no :( So sorry to hear that! I have heard the Siberian cat breed is one of the breeds that are perfect suited for people with cat allergies. It has something to do with their saliva, since they spend a lot time cleaning themselves and their coats using their tongue. Worth checking out if you guys ever decide to get a cat.

Trellum, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Trellum

joycemcgregor Active Member

Growing up, we always had cats and the occasional dog. I must admit that I always felt that I was a cat person, however; I now have a small dog that I am very attached to. She is a yorkie/shitzu mix and she follows me all around the house. When I sit down, she is either laying close to me or on my lap. I am older now and bending down to care for a litter box is not something I can do, so Sadie is ideal. She is about the size of a cat so she is easy for me to pick up. I have a small fenced in yard and leave my door open for her so she can go in and out when she wants. If I tell her to go outside, if she has to potty she goes and if not, she just looks at me as if she is thinking that I have lost my mind!

joycemcgregor, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Trellum

That is nice :) I want my mom to get a small dog when her bigger dog dies, so she is not so alone at home when I am gone. I think a small dog is ideal for her, she is the best definition of a dog person I've ever met, lol. She doesn't like cats one bit :( But she loves dogs! She thinks cats are so creepy. We have almost nothing in common o_O

Trellum, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Trellum

Sharon Brown New Member

I am definitely a dog person. I have a part chiwuawa and part Datsun. She is a sweetheart.

Sharon Brown, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Trellum

Layton Member

I use to strictly just be a dog person because when I was a kid I had a cat bite me on the leg. When I got older this little kitten came up to me and shew was the sweetest thing. I decided to keep her. She changed my opinion of cats. I was the only person she would allow to hold her. I thought it was the sweetest thing.

Layton, Nov 8, 2015
  8. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

I have two dogs and several cats but i am more of a dog person. I don't know why , maybe because they are more loyal and less stray then cats. If a cat decides to go somewhere it is in vain to call her,unlike the dogs. My golden retriever stops in a second when i tell him to do so. I am not a control freak but they can be reckless and thus can hurt them selves. Cats are more independent and less loyal so that is why i prefer dogs, probably.

Djordje87, Dec 2, 2015
  9. Trellum

remnant Well-Known Member

I am a dog person by default. Dogs are more intelligent than cats and are more responsive to our cues unlike cats which tend to keep to themselves. Dogs are also more caring. They can even lay their lives on the line while trying to defend their master. On the flipside, they are not excellent when it comes to the issues of hygiene. This makes me have a soft spot for cats though I naturally connect with dogs better than cats.

remnant, Mar 6, 2016
Ask a Question