Can your dog sing?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Melody, May 18, 2012.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

This may be one of Misha's craziest behaviors. I swear, I did not teach her this! :D

My family gets together for birthdays about once a month. At every party, we bring out the birthday cake and sing "Happy Birthday to You".

Misha was about 9 months old the first time she joined in. It almost sounded as if she was in pain. I couldn't figure out if she was singing with us or was in agony at our awful singing.

Since then she has sung with us at almost every single party. Sometimes she just makes several yips and barks throughout the song. Other times, she is quite loud. She is so loud that you can't hear us!

The other day it was my niece's 16th birthday. My Mom and I phoned her to sing to her. Misha could hear us and she joined in. On the last notes, Misha added her own flourish. She gave five very long howls. She rarely howls. We were laughing so hard that my niece must have thought we were crazy. LOL

So, does your dog sing? Any song set him/her off? So far, Happy Birthday seems to be the only one to get Misha going. I guess it's her favorite!

Melody, May 18, 2012
  2. Melody

Jessi Well-Known Member

She was probably right. ;)

And no, mine doesn't, but another family member's dog howls along, ha. I think it's so hilarious that they don't want to be left out of the fun.

Jessi, May 18, 2012
  3. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Haha, Misha is such a cute dog!:D
    No one has ever sung in our home, so I honestly don't know if Homer would join us or not if we tried.
    I often listen to opera music though and he ignores it completely:)

claudine, Sep 11, 2013
  4. Melody

zararina Well-Known Member

Misha is an amazing dog. :)
    Not majority of dogs could sing that way without being thought. Our dog does not know how to sing like that and not even interested in music. :p

zararina, Sep 13, 2013
  5. Melody

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

No, Stefano can't sing. He just barks when people sing. I've heard dogs that actually sound like they're singing or talking and I think it's really impressive.
    It shows how smart and observant dogs are.

ACSAPA, Sep 15, 2013
  6. Melody

Trellum Well-Known Member

Uhm, I don't think my dogs can actually sing :p I guess the closest to that is the way they howl every time they hear other dogs doing the same or they hear a really loud and upsetting noise. My girls aren't good singers, lol. It must be so cool to have a dog like Misha :)

Trellum, Dec 31, 2013
  7. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

Do your girls howl often? It must be quite funny:p. Homer howled only once or twice and he reminded me of a coyote when he was doing it;). Usually, he only barks.
    My aunt's dog used to howl almost every time when she was listening to music:confused:

claudine, Feb 17, 2014
Ask a Question