Bobbi here - seems SweetBeast forgot to include me - thanks dad!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SweetBeast, Dec 7, 2012.

1. SweetBeast

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

I am Bobbi, he sometimes calls me Bobs too. I am a female ChiWeenie! And as many women, I am not sharing my age ;-) But I let him believe I am between 3 & 4 now!

I am grateful for SweetBeast as I had a not so happy life my first 2-3 years of life, so I escaped & was brought to the shelter by a kind man, where I lived for a year or so, until this tall man came by! He looked at me & playing coy, I showed little interest & retreated through the hole back into my bed. Prior to doing so, I laid a soulful look on him & I knew by his reaction, I had him !

Now, since March 1, of this year, that same man & I share a nice condo here in southern California! I get 2 squares a day, all the fresh water I can drink, some snacks tossed in my direction, at least 3 walks every day, a warm place to sleep - yep, right next to him on his bed! I also have a day bed on the sofa!

So I have it made now & only hope my former cats n dogs all find their fur-ever home as did I.....

100_0766.JPG 001.JPG Ahh I love when he gets up as I sneak right onto his comfy pillows!

SweetBeast, Dec 7, 2012
  2. SweetBeast

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Welcome Bobbi and Sweetbeast. It's nice to hear you have at last found a nice home. From your past experiences Bobbi you probably know how lucky you are and will be a wonderful friend.
    I'm sure you will like sharing your experiences here and having some doggie fun.:)

argon_0, Dec 8, 2012
  3. SweetBeast

Argon, Bobbi is fast asleep in my recliner but we both thank you for the welcome! It was the perfect fit for us both! I see by your photo, we have another sleeper !
    Reminds me of the old joke: What does a dog do on his day off? He can't lay around, as that's his job!
    Thanks again argon_0 !

SweetBeast, Dec 8, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  4. SweetBeast

zararina Well-Known Member

Welcome to both of you and it was a great love story! :p
    Great to know that there are very lucky and happy lovely creatures like Bobbi.

zararina, Dec 8, 2012
  5. SweetBeast

Zaraina,

That's very sweet of you to say, thank you so much! Yes, she has been a joy, a pure joy! We just returned from our mid day walk & she is fast asleep on her doggie day-bed!

I hope you & yours are enjoying a nice weekend - lovely Autumn day here in SoCal.

Again, thanks!

SweetBeast, Dec 8, 2012
  6. SweetBeast

Becky Well-Known Member

What lovely photos! Bobbi looks like a little treasure, I'm glad she found a happy home with you!

Becky, Dec 14, 2012
  7. SweetBeast

Thanks very much Becky as she is a treasure, & more. It was fate as I noticed another dog & went into the Get-To-Know-Each-Other Pen, but she was very skittish with men, even those at the shelter, so I didn't want to force myself on her, wouldn't be fair, yet I walked by Bobs a few times, looking at others, yet I kept coming back & as I see she told everyone, she did a great job with the coy ruse - it worked!

As the old saying somewhat goes, when one is taken from us, another one presents his or herself to us. I just wish I could have both Bobbi & Smokee :(

Becky, thanks!

SweetBeast, Dec 15, 2012
  8. SweetBeast

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board, and thank you for sharing this sweet little story. Reminds me a bit of the story my parents told of when they went to the shelter to find a new dog. They really didn't want another female dog because didn't want to deal with the possibility of puppies. However, they saw this beautiful German Shepard who gave them that soulful look, as if to say you know I belong to you and they fell in love with her. The dogs name was Lady and because she has been fixed by the shelter there was no need to be concerned with her having puppies. She was a welcomed addition to our family for years as I'm sure Becky is to yours.

pafjlh, Dec 29, 2012
  9. SweetBeast

Thanks so much for the nice words & I very much enjoyed reading of the circumstances that brought Lady into all of your lives. They certainly do leave a mark in our memories, do they not?

Don't laugh pafjlh but I "talk" with my four footed furries everyday! I thank them for the great life they all gave to me, in this place we all Earth, & for the wonderful memories that are a result of the previous & how I look forward to not only seeing them again, but to be with them all, at the same time! We all will be healthy, happy & together....

Thanks again for your welcome & shared story of Lady - I know she brought you all years of love & happiness & left you a lifetime of memories...

SweetBeast, Dec 30, 2012
Ask a Question